Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> clarkbw
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Planning for a dry-run security firedrill build
- Fire drill itself expected to happen after code freeze
- Now in String freeze
- Branching completed
- Blockers to zero: 2009-11-06 23:59 PST
- RC1 builds start on: 2009-11-09
- Subsequent RCs as necessary.
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 1 (+1)
- Fixed RC1
- TB 3.0rc1 - blocking: 127 (+11)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- Normal bugday last week
- Ready to test RC1
- This week will be RC1 testing - as soon as we get the build.
- top 20, about 1/3 fixed - which is great
- top 10 ("+" indicates change from last meeting) - no appreciable change in top 10 since 10-27:
|fixed 2009-10-04||bug 513315||@ nsScriptSecurityManager::GetCurrentJSContext()||1|
|fixed 2009-09-25||bug 480090||sending email after being in offline mode @ morkRowObject::CloseRowObject(morkEnv*) - @ nsMsgOfflineImapOperation::SetCopiesToDB - nsMsgOfflineImapOperation::Release||2|
|qawanted -all win7-||bug 522226||startup @ __delayLoadHelper2||3|
|FIXED 2009-10-14||bug 505221||@ CountTotalMimeAttachments(MimeContainer*)||4|
|fixed by bug 513315?||bug 518671||@ nsXPConnect::GetRuntimeInstance()||5|
|idle, multiple bugs?, "needs a cycle collector hacker"||bug 482849||@ canonicalize while doing a nightly update||6|
|idle||bug 519962||startup nsPrefBranch::Observe(nsISupports*, char const*, unsigned short const*)||7|
|+needs more triage||various: bug 523423, bug 514734, bug 495177|| JS_CallTracer
|FIXED (we hope) by bug 505221||bug 513543|| @MimeInlineTextHTML_parse_eof
(can't verify via crash-status until 3.0rc)
|needs triage||no bug filed||@ JS_dtobasestr||10|
- Press Tour Update - Completed press tour in Paris, Munich, and Tokyo. Everything going very smoothly. Had a great press conference in Tokyo with over 35 reporters with an additional 6 more interviews later in the week. Mozilla Japan has a very strong marketing team. Press has been very receptive to Thunderbird 3, all the new features, and the future ahead for our team.
- Will be wrapping up press tour this week in New York and on the West Coast.
- 2 Minis now in production
- stage support.mozillamessaging.com
- Backend ready for production
Done / Cleared
- activity manager (bug 257942, , ) (pending review)
- review newsgroups - tips
- bug triage
- hair-pulling MDC problems
- folders (bug 414038) (summarize current / ask Bienvenu for help)
- TB account for https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/
- markers for TODO items on how-to portal pages
- Mission control / autoconfig: MDC
- activity manager (257942)
- support search FAQ: tweak screenshots, edits, SUMO account, etc
- msg headers (466025, 480623)
- new bug for debugging issues? (and close 420317?)
- TB usage of XUL elements, content-in-a-tab
- collapsed threads (bug 496244 454829) (DavidA)
- Top 5 GS Thunderbird 2 Support Topics (code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190923 ) basically the same as last week, possible McAfee false alarm
- Cannot send email (Verizon blocking port 25 starting fall 2009, AT&T percent sign in outgoing email due to wrong setting from AT&T support ?!?)
- Cannot receive email
- migration to Vista and Windows 7 - it works well for some not so well for others, most just need settings and migration help, be great if MozBackup or something like it was built-in
- McAfee finds trojan - probably false alarm, roland to follow up with Carsten and Sam
- email lost (fixed by compacting folders and deleting .msf)
- Thunderbird 3 Beta Top Support Issues (not many reported, starting to monitor to see what we can improve for post 3.0)
- Windows 7
- SUMO for MoMo tracker ticket: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=520628, TB3 Global Database KB - 1st article from JenZed, thanks! - should have 1st iteration of MoMo SUMO theme by end of week from contractor Gary Cunningham-Lee who did the original SUMO theme
- Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- approximately 26 / day (180/7, higher than last week if we subtract the Raindrop topics - not sure why)
- total new topics:180 total replies: 69 (Ruby Code)
- date:20091027 #new support topics:23 resolved:9
- date:20091028 #new support topics:24 resolved:8
- date:20091029 #new support topics:32 resolved:9
- date:20091030 #new support topics:25 resolved:7
- date:20091031 #new support topics:17 resolved:4
- date:20091101 #new support topics:9 resolved:0
- date:20091102 #new support topics:20 resolved:9
- #replies from non MoMo folks: 3 from TMZ (thanks!) 14 from gyurrika (thanks!), 2 from Thomas (thanks!) MoMo folks: 2 from Philipp of Lightning (thanks!) 43 from Roland, 2 from Andreas (thanks!), Bienvenu 8 (thanks!)
- happiness metric: API doesn't have happiness emotitags, asked GS staff about that, code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190094, manual happiness metric = 69 - 43 = 26 (50 last week), 56 Hendrix messages (generally Hendrix messages are unhappy but this week we had 2 happy messages from Thunderbird lovers, 1 wanted us to run our own email service! Thanks!) - bug to track down Hendrix for Thunderbird 3 and get rid of it as much as possible
- Illness slowed me down :-(
- Reviews & Driving
- Fixed bug 490817 and bug 525208 finally sorting out our EULA (removal)/License updates for TB 3.
- Made some good progress on bug 516776 - working on the final bits so that extensions should be able to provide content tabs that can load different pages.
- Reviews and Driving
- Don't try to update virtual folders when doing an offline download sync, bug 525842
- Clone note curiosity for cloned views, per asuth, bug 525419
- Handle failure to expand thread because of threading problems by listing w/o sub-threading, fixes subsequent crash on collapse, bug 524266
- Fix hang in cross-folder threaded mode, when multiple messages have the same key in a thread, bug 518128
- Fix crash when adding thread column to search results pane, bug 524673
- Fix crash doing a quick search in a grouped single folder saved search, bug 524064
- Fix for crash in nsNntpCacheStreamListener::OnStartRequest, bug 130442
- tested uber gloda correctness patch bug 465618
- 2 minis now in production, building green
- Worked on stage.support.mozillamessaging.com
- Setup complete backend DB infrastructure for Webheads
- Ready for serious database workloads
- Started marking 3.next add-on idea's in bugzilla
- In the middle of press tour. In New York through Wednesday evening and then Bay Area tour for Thursday-Friday.
- Had one day off last week
- Finished preparing emails for people participating to the RC1 testing.
- Last week
- This week:
- Closed bug 524246, and bug 521928. (And checked the code in myself!)
- Posted patches for bug 248681, and bug 516680.
- Created bug 524756.
- Reviewed bug 521334, bug 525532, bug 491294, and bug 524800.
- Pushed the changes for bug 519110.
- Finish off the blockers. (I hope to get these in today or tomorrow, depending on how fast I can get reviews, and how well the reviews go.)
- Review some more bugs.
- Continue to help students with ISPDB.
- bug 470430 is finally checked in!
- If you have ever used Sunbird, please check if you have an empty folder:
- If so, please report to bug 470430
- Now only bug 494140 is separating us from a firm code freeze.
- Waiting for a few locales to finish, will nudge them soon.
- If all this is finished, we are ready for beta 1 candidates.