|Lanikai 3.1 Alpha 1||Thunderbird 3.0.2|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> gozer
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Open: Planning for a dry-run security firedrill build
- Checklist: draft checklist for firedrill actions
- gozer and Standard8 to 'schedule' run through
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
- Michael Pasek - Thank-you for the many, many helpful replies on Get Satisfaction in December 2009 and January 2010
- Branch Tinderboxen are currently following 3.1a1 relbranch; for the moment, the trunk Tinderboxen are the ones to watch.
- Further Lanikai planning imminent, but waiting until 3.1a1 ships
- Discussion about specifics of cutting the 1.9.2 version of comm-central in progress; details soon
- Bug lists: Thunderbird:Thunderbird3.1:Status_Tracking
Lanikai Alpha 1
- Unless we discover critical bugs; shipping is imminent (next very small number of days).
Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update
See Tinderbox for how to get your patches into 3.0.x
- See Schedule above.
- Generally smaller amount of fixes than 3.0.1, but still improving user experience for upgrades and stability.
- Blockers (needed and .2): 29 (-1)
- Of which blocking 3.0.2: 7 (+5)
- Blocking Nominations: 9 (+3)
- Fixed 3.0.2: 22
- 3.1a1 Build1 testing is done - Thanks to the participants.
- No weekly event last week - they'll resume this week
- Good discussions on how to improve the QA process - needs some formalization and publishing.
since last bug table 3.0.1 has been released so comparison is possible:
|status||bug||summary||# crash /week|
| No signature bug
|Assigned - no progress||bug 536960||sqlite3DbMallocRaw||812|
|Unassigned - no progress||bug 536308||arena_dalloc | free | sqlite3_free | pcache1TruncateUnsafe||804|
|Unassigned - no progress||bug 505016||_purecall | nsXPCWrappedJS::QueryInterface(nsID const&, void**)||773|
|Needs landing on Branch||bug 533035||JS_dtobasestr||639|
- PR Updates: Easier but not easy enough, WSJ Mossberg article, "The new Thunderbird also has a very cool filtered search system."; Mail Tweak Extension for Thunderbird
- Starting outreach for press dinner
- ADU Numbers from Metrics Nightly Report: Feb 1 - Total 5.8MM users; 1.2MM on TB3
- Firefox 3.6 promo testing w/ Tb3 promo later this month
- MoMo On-Site
- SuMoMo Launched
- all-hands meetings
- new KB article to help ISPs add themselves to ISPdb (based on GS reply by Blake): https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/ISP+Database?bl=n (also work through process of tagging, bugs, etc)
- bugzilla knowledge base bug triage and clean-up
- contact Gmail regarding content for their help pages
- GS queries - reply with links to KB articles
- update glossary and link up to make more prominent
- styling tweaks to https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Extensions/Thunderbird/Styling_the_Folder_Pane
- move info on pref naming conventions to MDC: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=86845#c74 (notify Roland when done)
- make FAQ for Ludo on information he sent in email ("Model the 2 -> 3 upgrade experience")
- Roland: FAQ on text vs HTML? (http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird/browse_thread/thread/562423bbd2dac0ea)
- review and cross-link MDC and Knowledge Base
- delete Thunderbird-source template? (replaced by tbsource)
- bugs from sid0 (see "from_IRC" file)
Review / Waiting
- port content from http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/ - ask Roland to redirect
- review / response to http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.extensions/browse_thread/thread/41113fd2bb4973f7
- when "New in TB 3.0" page is live on sumomo, make redirect from MDC https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird_3_for_users (instructions https://developer.mozilla.org/Project:en/External_Redirects)
- Search info from Andrew: http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/what_is_indexing?utm_content=topic_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=new_topic
- follow up with replacement content for gmail help pages - so far no answer from Gmail folks
- SuMoMo launched January 26, 2010. Thanks to Gozer and Jen for their help.
- Bugs - comments allowed on home page, folks are using comments for support, will fix this week
- Fun Analytics after a week - 75K visits, USA #1, Germany #2, Japan #3 - Browser stats: Firefox (Thunderbird Help Page counts as firefox) 62%, 4% Chrome, only 1600 visits from IE6, IE is 28% only
- Looking for Contributors to write articles in English (and German!) and any other languages
- At All Hands productive meetings with SuMo on sphinx search and their plans to make the forums and tagging much better
- Get Satisfaction Accelerator to make flagging duplicates and asking for more information and splitting subtopics faster - Spec, Very Prelim Flag Duplicate JetPack code from Bryan - Looking for a Jetpack developer to develop this further with Roland acting as tester and spec writer email me roland AT mozillamessaging.com if interested in collaborating. Feedback on spec also welcome! Please edit the spec wiki page!
- The GS topics that were triaged at the February 1, 2010 meeting
- Issues to be reviewed at the next GS Triage meeting scheduled for February 8, 2010 - Please tag topics "review" if you think they need to be reviewed because they cause customer pain
- Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- approximately 78/ day (552/7 slightly higher than 2 weeks ago), # of visitors 20,000 on graph seems to be right but numerical stats are wrong)
- total new topics:552 (down from last week) total replies:1385 from employees and champions: 186 back to normal! (NonMoMo:193 FROM Michael Pasek (thanks!), 77 from Chris Ramsden aka Xenos (thanks!),59 from Wayne Mery (thanks!), 49 from DavRo (thanks!), 13 from Mark Solly (thanks!), 8 from from Kent (Thanks!), MoMo: 17 by Bienvenu (thanks), 38 from Roland, 12 from Bryan Clark (thanks!), 3 from Blake (thanks!), 24 from Ludo (thanks),14 from Mark Banner (thanks) (Ruby Code)
- date:20100126 #new support topics:80 resolved:12
- date:20100127 #new support topics:68 resolved:17
- date:20100128 #new support topics:88 resolved:16
- date:20100129 #new support topics:83 resolved:20
- date:20100130 #new support topics:55 resolved:16
- date:20100131 #new support topics:44 resolved:15
- date:20100201 #new support topics:57 resolved:16
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.