|Lanikai 3.1 RC1||Thunderbird 3.0.5|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- No update this week. 10% drop (3.2k to 2.9k) in Funnel Cake ADUs but maybe seasonal, drop in overall usage.
Lanikai 3.1 RC1
- Code freeze date: Tuesday, May 18th 23:59 PDT
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: Tuesday, May 18th 23:59 PDT
- Build/relbranch date: Wednesday, May 19th
- QA start date: Thursday, May 20th
- Ship date: Thursday, May 27th
- spun build1; found a frequent crasher
- spun build2; found several bugs that we think cumulatively want a respin
- about to land fixes, spin build3 today
- hope to ship build3 as RC1 on Thursday
Thunderbird 3.1 Final
- Mid-June expected, heavily dependent on RC1 feedback
- Phased advertised (major) update rollout starting shortly after release
Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update
See Tinderbox for how to get your patches into 3.0.x
- Thunderbird 3.0.5 is out for testing.
- Release is tied to FF 3.5.10 (assuming no respins etc)
Security And Stability releases - where to help
We have a low traffic mailing for testing related announcements at https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/thunderbird-testers
Last week :
- Most of the work was done on Build1 and since Friday Build2 of 3.1rc1, We have covered 91% of our tests - and no major issue has popped up.
- Crash stats looks ok
Coming week :
- Monitor bugzilla for 3.1rc1 issues.
- Monitor crashstats for 3.1rc1 crashes.
- Press Update: Weave as Firefox Sync, MS Office 2010 coming in June
- Reviewed PR outreach list for Tb 3.1.
- Web site updates for RC1/Final on trunk
- Add-on notification is not yet out to authors, MoCo IT hopes to send today.
- Short demo of Tb 3.1 at Mozilla Marketing Wednesday meetings.
- Thunderbird 3.1 RC1
- First driver self-served builds!
- Mini move still looming
- Support Community Reboot - 2 min. intro video script - fantastic first rough cut w/o links and intro/outro from Rainer Cvillink, thanks to DavidA and Rainer!; will give links to Rainer for first draft
- SuMoMo - next: get SuMoMo localization dashboard, bug 549407 working - met with Andrei and Gozer, hopefully they can get this working before SuMo 1.5.5. which is due in Mid June; - no metrics because we turned off Google Analytics but haven't turned on replacement; revamping SuMoMo home page to have top 10 problems (and move list of Articles to another page as per SuMo)
- Get Satisfaction (see graphic in Support Appendix - slightly lower than normal week - 365 new topics (423), Sadness slightly up: 69% (66%) - GS contributors please check out our new boilerplate response page as well as GS JetPack Helper 0.3 needs hackers and contributors to use it for frequent support replies, email roland!
- back to basics for support and user pain - going to sketch out higher level use cases instead of assuming that the solution is to just put a layer on top of GS for new topic input wizard - will document this on a wiki page.
- searching GS topics to ask users who are technical to test out 3.1 and see if their 3.0.x bugs are fixed
- thanks to top volunteer contributors: #1 chris ramsden (England), #2 bozz (unknown country), #3 matt (Australia), #4 kent james (USA), #5 archaeopteryx (Germany)
- Builds starting today
- 34 locales green
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.