|Thunderbird 3.2||Thunderbird 3.1.1||Thunderbird 3.0.6|
|To Be Announced||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> Standard8
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
- New Friend of the Tree t-shirt grey but also coming in a Stone blue.
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnel Cake 2 next week, looking to do a German version as well.
- Conversion #'s after 3 months shows us at 78% retention.
- ISPDB conversion is steady at 30-39%. Top missing domains: secureserver.net, psmtp.com, ocn.ad.jp, rr.com, at.net, ovh.net, aon.at, go2.pl, virginmedia.com, netease.com.
- Pluggable store (maildir) is making progress - working through unit test failures now
- Mail account provisioning development has started, with a repo at http://hg.mozilla.org/users/bwinton_latte.ca/accountprovisioner/ Feedback/suggestions/pre-code-reviews welcome.
- Initial tb-planning thread, quick summary:
- 3.2 based off a comm-1.9.2 with mozilla-1.9.2 with limited back-ported features and fixes.
- Would allow some API changes (many for extensions benefit) and string changes.
- Next trunk release would be after FF 4 ships, possibly as little as one month, depending on what state our trunk is in, features landed etc.
Major updates to 3.1
- Expecting to push prompted major updates to TB 3.1.1.
- Initial 3.0.6 -> 3.1.1 push planned for 27th July.
- Initial 18.104.22.168 -> 3.1.1 push planned for 3rd August.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Messaging Add-ons
- Mailing List Manager released
- Sent out list of current experiments to tb-planning
- Add-on experiment planned for release next week
- working on 3.0.6
- working on 3.1.1
- Usage of [tb-qa] in subjects to flag messages on mdat
- PR Update: Mozilla Bug Bounty increase to $3k from $500, Mozilla Explains the Reason for Releasing Experimental New Features as Add-ons
- Tb Stats: 5.4MM ADUs w/ 12% on latest release, steady 75k+ downloads
- Tb 3.1.1/3.0.6 announcements and follow-ups
- Tracking Mozilla Newsletter program
- New t-shirts (grey/stone blue), testing out embroidered products (hats,shirt), and other logo products (bags, stickers)
- Thunderbird 3.0.6
- Thunderbird 3.1.1
- New builders on : Linux + Linux64
- TryServer progress
- contacted local universities and technical schools that have tech writing programs regarding giving a talk in the autumn
- practicum student (Mike) starting today
- new Thunderbird FLOSS Manual (FLOSS Manuals discussion list archive)
- Summit loose ends / general catch-up (MDC / MCD; Doccelerator / Skywriter; etc)
- update Global Search article, bug # 577484
- 3.1 Support Issues - nothing really major so far, seems to be better than 3.0.x - please add your support issues to the Discussion page of this wiki page still a work in progress
- still assimilating lessons of #moz10 - amazing contributors and technology
- looking forward to working with Jen's intern on Improving SuMoMo
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details - welcome back to GS contributor Michael Pasek!
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- Trunk maintenance
- Getting too difficult/lots of maintenance to keep open - too much non-libxul build bustages
- Proposed route for trunk:
- Go for the libxul option 2 asap.
- We know we're going to libxul
- It will fix the current bustage, and protect us from any more non-libxul versus libxul
- Support shared builds as a lower priority option - developers can back up to a working version, but tree can remain open.
- Let the work that is being done on external API finish
- because I can see devs, and maybe linux distros, wanting this.
- Do some performances tests of internal & external APIs.
- Make decision on which to ship with Thunderbird trunk.
- Go for the libxul option 2 asap.