last meeting | index | next meeting »
|Thunderbird 3.1 final||Thunderbird 3.0.6|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, June 29th, 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> Dmose
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- ISPDB success rate at 30-40%. Top missing domains: secureserver.net, outlook.com, kundenserver.de, rzone.de, uga.edu, psmtp.com, schlund.de, onet.pl, rr.com, ocn.ad.jp
Thunderbird 3.1 (Lanikai)
Thunderbird 3.1 Final
- Will probably follow something similar to the Firefox 3.6.6 schedule, assuming we don't need to release earlier.
- All required gecko bug have landed in 184.108.40.206 (the ones that we landed on our relbranch for 3.1).
- Blocking bugs etc: Bug Lists
Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update
See Tinderbox for how to get your patches into 3.0.x
- Thunderbird 3.0.5 Released
- 3.0.6 probably in sync with Firefox 3.5.11
- 3.0.6 more likely to be mainly core fixes with a few fixes to mailnews.
Security And Stability releases - where to help
- Help Wanted: Working on getting the trunk stable and significant issues fixed. See thread on tb-planning.
- Aiming at getting trunk fixed up asap.
- Schedule of first alpha TBD, probably mid-July.
- dev-process changes posted to tb-planning, not much feedback
- Looking out for bsmedberg's XPCOM reg changes
- Preparing Summit 2010
- We have a mailing-list targeted for people willing to help test releases.
- Thunderbird 3.1 shipped!
- Press update: Thunderbird 3.1 arrives with new filter bar, Thunderbird 3.1 Adds Faster Search, Quick Filter Bar, and Overhauled Importing
- Still working on press wrap up, good coverage over all.
- ADU's: 5.8MM, 3.2% on TB 3.1, downloads over 100k a day.
- Summit prep
- Mozilla Messaging Add-ons announcement
- Thunderbird 3.1 COMPLETE
- New Linux builders : bug 516328
- 3.1 Support Issues - still gathering info, nothing really major so far, seems to be better than 3.0.x - please add your support issues to the Discussion page of this wiki page still a work in progress
- Support Community Reboot - 2 min. intro video script - Draft3 available, next step is final signoff and then encoding and posting of English version followed by subtitling for non English Folks
- SuMoMo - next: get SuMoMo localization dashboard, bug 549407 working - will ping Andrei about this hope to get progress before Summit, - no metrics because we turned off Google Analytics but haven't turned on replacement; revamping SuMoMo home page to have top 10 problems (and move list of Articles to another page as per SuMo) as well as final edit of SuMoMo articles before 3.1 on Thursday; will have informal session at Summit with localizers
- Get Satisfaction (no metric graphic since GS graphic generation down since the 23rd - 397 topics only (which suggests 3.1 impact not felt yet) GS contributors please check out our new boilerplate response page as well as GS JetPack Helper 0.3 needs hackers and contributors to use it for frequent support replies, email roland!
- still working on alice.it ispdb and Italian support issues for 3.1 this week
- back to basics for support and user pain - based on discussions with support contributors and staff at All Hands going to sketch out higher level use cases instead of assuming that the solution is to just put a layer on top of GS for new topic input wizard, great discussion with David Eaves about this last week - will document this on a wiki page and review on tb-planning
- thanks to top volunteer contributors: #1 matt of Australia, #2 rsx11m (USA) #3 bozz of usa, #4 chris_ramsden aka xenos of UK, #5 archaeopteryx of germany
- 1.0b2 released!
- Next steps:
- more build work to make build faster (30 mins -> 7 mins in one case)
- planning for next release
- dependent on 3.2 branching plan
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.