last meeting | index | next meeting »
|Thunderbird 3.2||Thunderbird 3.1.3||Thunderbird 3.0.7|
|To Be Announced||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, August 24th, 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> bwinton
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnel Cake 2 target ship Wednesday evening/Thursday morning.
- Bug 582240, 589927, 589945, 589930, 589937, 589941, 589943
- ISP DB conversion 31% to 40% success rate. Top missing domains: psmtp.com, ocn.ad.jp, cox.net, att.net, interia.pl, ispgateway.de, aon.at, safe4mail.cz, ewetel.de, one.com
- The German build won't trigger the cancel install survey.
- Account Provisioning.
- Pluggable Mailstore.
- About 50% done, and basically usable.
- Got move/copy working with pluggable stores.
- Worked on getting more unit tests to pass with pluggable stores.
- Looking for more feedback on Mailing List Manager
- File: issue tracker
- Give: user feedback
- Gathering final feedback for coming updated release
- Updating MuteThread for wider release of some sort, hopefully this week.
- approval-thunderbird3.2a1 now set up. More flags coming soon.
- 3.2 Branch on hold until account provisioning schedule is clearer.
- Will bump trunk to 3.3a1pre in the meantime to reflect bugzilla flags.
- Some libxul work started, bug 585947 is the tracker.
- Help on fixing up trunk welcome, see this list of higher priority bugs.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
Major updates to 3.1
- Prompted major updates to TB 3.1.2.
- 3.0.6 users are now being prompted (probably about 300k transitioned so far).
- Initial 188.8.131.52 -> 3.1.2 push planned for today August.
- testing events are announced on the Thunderbird-testers mailing list.
- crash/ADU, current week - no major changes seen post v2 MU (didn't add 3.1.3pre because it skews the graph)
- Press update: Quiet week. A few articles: 1,2
- ADUs: 5.5MM ADUs, 1.8MM for Tb 3.1, 1.2MM for Tb 3.0, and 2.5MM on Tb 2.
- Starting web site evaluation to move to a mozilla.org/thunderbird and GetThunderbird.com branding to match mozilla.org/firefox and firefox.com and de-emphasizing mozilla.com and mozillamessaging.com
- Nightly/dep builds now using shared Firefox buildbot factories
- Lost en-US nightly updates over the week-end
- Code drift from Firefox almost nothing left
- Bloat builders are left
- l10n afterpush builds on all branches (limited locales on comm-1.9.x)
- Funnelcake 2 builds
- ISBDB web work in progress (Sancus)
- GS Cloud or CDN issues on the weekend, updates were invisible on the website to some folks, visible to others, will follow up
- # of support issues on GS is up 24% from last week, generally higher even before major update 2->3.1 switched on, no major update GS spike, yet!
- 3.1 Support Issues - TB2->3.1 User confusion with autoconfig "Manual Setup..." button: It is NOT the full manual setup users expect; it actually means "create an account with the currently displayed settings including POP or IMAP and edit it manually afterwards" (since the account is created you can't change POP to IMAP or vice versa) as opposed to an account creation screen where you can choose POP or IMAP and then create the account manually! SuMoMo IMAP to POP article is unclear so will modify as well as do a screencast.
- SuMoMo - Thomas Lendo (thanks) translated localization dashboard to German - need to verify it's correct but it looks good
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details -
- Build Symbols for 1.0b2 mac/win32 release have been uploaded. For future crashes, we might have more info on what part of calendar is misbehaving
- In light of that, we seem to have a load of windows crashes, need to investigate
- Our new 1.0b3 blocker list is up, not much change from what was proposed.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
dmose, davida, rebron, clarkbw, bwinton, sancus, bienvenu, usul, rolandtanglao, gozer, phillip