|Thunderbird 5.0 Final Beta||Thunderbird 3.1.11|
|ETA: this week||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> jhopkins
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
- Jim McCullough: author of Thunderbird / Ubuntu guides
- Vincent ("cameleon"): contributions to the Knowledge Base, localization and support
- Pasquale Dante for all the good work at dumping bugs.
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
No change since last week.
- contracts w/3rd party email providers progressing
- security reviews
No change since last week.
Huge row of bug fixes, released and pushed b2 to AMO, waiting on more feedback before doing a last batch of bugfixes and release the final 2.0 version. All the major changes have been pushed to later to allow me to focus on polishing and stabilizing. Help is welcome, as usual :-).
Compose in a tab
Cleaned up and submitted a new version to AMO, hopefully approved this time (three rejections in a row). I think I'll try to have it public and keep it "as is" before we reassess the priorities and how that fits in the larger plan.
- New version up in bug 489999. Please test it out and provide feedback.
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- De-RDFing patch is going through the final stages of review - hope to merge it soon
- EDS contacts integration made some big strides last week in order to hit the "read-only" milestone for the end of the month - EDS contacts now:
- appear in the auto-complete To/Cc/Bcc fields
- are searchable
- show photos for contacts
- allow mailing lists
Schedule and Progress
Thunderbird 5 (Miramar)
- Remaining blockers resolved.
- Releasing final beta today or tomorrow.
- Add-on authors have been contacted about compatibility.
- L10n is working on the web site updates.
- Expecting to release next Tuesday, 28th.
- Congratulations to Firefox 5 which was released today!
- Earlybird is the name for the Thunderbird builds on the Aurora channel
- Earlybird builds have now been started and are available here (l10n).
- Currently on comm-central.
- Merge date - feature & string freeze - 5th July.
- Releasing 3.1.11 today.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
Extension of the week
- Quick Folder move Extend the move context menu and let's you type in the folder name. Very handy extension if :
- You move emails manually a lot.
- You have a lot of folder in your accounts.
- Shift-M opens the move-to menu even without the context menu
- Just did testing for 3.1.11 and follow up on 5.0
- PR Update: How to Back up Gmail, PC World mention re: cloud vs. desktop apps, Best Email Client for Windows, several mentions on beta and rapid release
- Thunderbird ADUs: in the 6.8MM to 7MM, may see a drop due to Summer activities however may offset with increase awareness through Firefox mentions.
- Firefox released today, go check it out and join the festivities.
- Website work, some final tune-ups with design.
- watching what the Firefox guys are doing today
- bug 656049 c-c:0f79491664e9 client.mk can now invoke client.py for comm-central builds via .mozconfig
mk_add_options CLIENT_PY_ARGS="--verbose --skip-venkman" mk_add_options ALWAYS_RUN_CLIENT_PY=1
This can be directly invoked as make checkout, or implicitely whenever using make some-target when ALWAYS_RUN_CLIENT_PY is set.
Coming to Try Server soon...
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 5.0b2 build 1 today
- Thunderbird 3.1.11 release today
- webpage is moved and functioning on mozilla.org stage. The homepage and in-product pages are done, other parts that don't need l10n will be done by the end of this week.
* http://www-stage.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/ * http://www-stage.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/5.0/start * http://www-stage.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/5.0/whatsnew
- localization is in progress
- met with moco webdev/engagement to discuss bedrock, the Django rewrite of mozilla.com/org
- Fixed AMO bug to add Thunderbird collection for the discovery pane
- new KB article: How to use virtual card (vCard)
- more work on New in Thunderbird 5 KB article
- ongoing integration of Thunderbird into Mozilla sites (tracking document)
- contributor engagement (boilerplate text for resolved GS issues, rework HOWTO pages on kitsune)
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1312 new support topics (1332 last week) - Media:13-19June2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 5 Beta 1 is out! Would love some help with contributors to write some knowledge base articles. No experience required, just a copy of Thunderbird and the ability to write in English or translate. We'll polish up your writing and make it sing!
- Thunderbird 5 Support Issues - not yet up to date, but nothing major at first glance (Will analyze the approximately 22 Thunderbird 5 related support topics on Get Satisfaction by end of the day)
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- We will be moving support.mozillamessaging.com soon (no date yet, tracker bug and more info after Thunderbird 5 is released).
- All blockers solved, aside from low risk theme changes
- Release work in progress, rc1 is tagged and building
- Had a few issues with the l10n dashboard not giving me the right revisions, this had to be fixed manually
- Preparation for Ubuntu integration talks in progress
- Lightning 1.0b4rc1 will be released today. I will allow until the 27th for testing and then upload the final to AMO. If something major shows up, we will do a chemspill release to fix things.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
jhopkins, jb, jenzed, ludo, rolandtanglao, standard8 aka Mark Banner, gozer, rebron, bienvenu, mconley, bwinton, sancus, andreasn, fallen aka Philipp Kewisch