last meeting | index | next meeting »
|Thunderbird 5.0 Final Beta||Thunderbird 3.1.11|
|ETA: this week||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, June 14, 2011 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> andreasn
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Privacy and Security reviews are being scheduled.
- We expect some design changes to happen because of those.
- Squib's first set of changes have been pulled in.
- There are still some open issues Squib will be working on.
Work on bug fixes, 2.0b1 submitted to AMO for approval, waiting for Archaeopteryx to approve it (needs an admin to make a beta version public). Next: polish the new conversation menu, fix the remaining bugs, and release b2 early.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Still no word on CD space.
- Unity Launcher and Messaging Menu extensions set to be bundled with PPAs when next beta of TB 5.0 is released.
- De-RDF patch got some review from jcranmer (thanks!), and still undergoing review. A reminder that this needs to land this cycle for EDS integration to work, which is a must-have for our Ubuntu integration work.
- A read-only version of the EDS integration extension will be available towards the end of this week, or early next week. Implementing write capabilities next.
Schedule and Progress
Thunderbird 5 (Miramar)
- Thunderbird 5.0 first beta released
- Final beta delayed slightly whilst we finish the last bugs and reviews.
- Should be out this week.
- Contacting addon authors for getting their extensions up to date, been doing blog posts on that. http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2011/06/10/update-in-time-for-thunderbird-5/
- Currently planning on releasing Miramar on 28th of June.
- Now on aurora channel.
- Tree is aurora tree green.
- Once we finalise the name, we'll start nightly builds this week.
- We have approval-comm-aurora, tracking flags have arrived, details coming to tb-planning soon.
- Deciding on names soon
- Currently on comm-central.
- Merge date 28th of June
- Builds going out to beta channel today.
- Next release ETA June 21.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
Extension of the week
- PR Update: How to Back up Gmail, PC World mention re: cloud vs. desktop apps, Best Email Client for Windows, several mentions on beta and rapid release
- Thunderbird ADUs: in the 6.8MM to 7MM, may see a drop due to Summer activities however may offset with increase awareness through Firefox mentions.
- Firefox released today, go check it out and join the festivities.
- Website work, some final tune-ups with design.
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 3.1.11 pushed to beta
- upgraded Windows build slaves to Mercurial 1.7.5
- Geneti clustering
- Website updated
- New in Thunderbird 5 article
- tweaks and updates to articles affected by TB5
- Contribute group
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1332 new support topics (1231 last week) - Media:6-12June2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 5 Beta 1 is out! Would love some help with contributors to write some knowledge base articles. No experience required, just a copy of Thunderbird and the ability to write in English or translate. We'll polish up your writing and make it sing!
- Thunderbird 5 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- We will be moving support.mozillamessaging.com soon (no date yet).
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.