Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Roland
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org that she can send them a shirt!
- Address Book - Check out Mconley's post on his Address Book mockup and the subsequent address book feedback and finally the October 2, 2012 update. Mike is looking for more feedback. Please give your feedback in the blog post.
- Box.com referral codes have landed. Woo!
- gtalk fixes to make it easier to configure IM for gtalk have landed in TB17
Google Summer of Code Projects
App Tabs for Thunderbird
- Overview, Blog, bug 761727
- Aimed at bringing the App-tab concept of Firefox into Thunderbird.
- The basic design worked, but session persistence was difficult to implement.
- Technical issues meant the project didn't complete.
Improving GMail Integration
- Overview, bug 721316
- This work was focussed on improving Thunderbird's integration with GMail accounts
- Atul worked primarily on reducing the duplication of email downloaded onto the user's hard drive
- This patch landed last week on trunk
- Atul would like feedback on how the disk space is performing for GMail users now (note: it won't take effect for emails already downloaded).
Get ISPDB into Production
- Many bugs have been fixed and the implementation is almost complete
- Sancus will need to do a little bit of remaining work to get this fully deployed
'No reply' reminder for Thunderbird
- Overview, Status reports, Commits
- Seems that the code has mainly completed
- Some good videos on the Weekly Status report page
- Code is aimed at Lightning, the bug for landing it is here: bug 778533
- Code currently has a ui-r- from mconley, and is awaiting code review from Fallen
- Lessons to take away:
- It is critical that students post patches regularly to Bugzilla, or up to their Github fork, regardless of their quality. This way, the mentor can keep tabs on progress, and the student has a back-up in case disaster strikes.
- It is also important that students are aware of how long ui review and code review takes, and budget that in to their timeline (i.e. reviews along with fixes post-review and re-reviews take at least 4 or 5 days, it's not the type of thing you can do in 48 hours; better yet is to do reviews of work in progress code)
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 8th October
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
Extension of the week
- This week it's a theme airmail that gives thunderbird a very mail/mailman/airmail look.
- Getting ready for TB16: New feature page on web, What's New page, blog post...
- New TB governance: keep on looking for Engagement volunters
Build / Release Update
- Linux builders moving to CentOS 6 sometime this week. (bug 794378)
- To pick up updated gtk & glib versions to match mozilla-central and mozilla-aurora
- Hence, this will be on the TB 17 train
- Mac OS X 10.8 unit test machines are being added to comm-central and try-comm-central (at least). (bug 786177)
- Tests may be failing initially (possibly due to address book integration), and will need investigation.
- bug 793628 - Produce Lightning Nightly builds during Thunderbird build process
- No Lightning nightlies recently due to CentOS 6 build dependency. Working on a solution.
- Start Page updated
- Still working on bedrock/mozillians stuff, not much to report yet
- Audited ISPDB bugs -- it looks like all the pieces are done except for the actual step of making the configs accessible to Thunderbird
- Going to file bugs to get a staging server up from IT
- TB Support Community Meeting September 22, 2012 Minutes - Tentative next meeting is Saturday October 13, 5a.m. Pacific
- TB16 Support Day is next Wednesday Octoer 10, 2012! - Please add any issues to the Thunderbird 16.0 Support issues page using the tagging convention from the TB16 Support Day Etherpad. Use the following tags and any other relevant Get Satisfaction tags as appropriate: tb16, tb16upgrade, tb16ubuntuone, tb16im,tb16twitter, tb16irc, tb16gtalk, tb16xmpp, tb16compactlost
- 1189 new support topics (1234 one week ago ) - Media:24-30September2012-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- Q: what is the status for windows 8? if possible can you link to bugs
- Andreas will try it. Please try Thunderbird and let us know if it works on Windows 8 and file bugs if appropriate.
- If you have a Mac Book Pro Retina, please try Andreas's try build. Andeas will post a link to the build and bugs.
florian, wsmwk, irving, rolandtanglao, standard8, jb, rkent, mconley, andreas, bwinton