Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> bwinton (cause mconley is running the meeting)
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org that she can send them a shirt!
florian: Thanks to aleth who contributed lots of patches for the IRC, Twitter and tab completion code of the chat feature, and reviewed lots of IRC patches.
Modern Address Book
- Updated my mock-up last week, and gathered some feedback on sorting and contact categorization
- I'll be updating my mock-up based on that feedback in the next day or so.
- Tentative roadmap to be published this week.
- I've started a little FAQ on the Ensemble GitHub wiki.
- I've started developing an API proposal for contact provider connectors. A first draft will be released shortly after the roadmap goes out - maybe late this week or early next week.
- I'm going to want feedback on this proposal - especially from people who have worked with CardDAV before.
- The add-on to add support for more chat protocols is now public on AMO: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/additional-chat-protocols/
- Several XMPP fixes have landed on comm-aurora in time for Tb17. Configuring XMPP and Google Talk accounts will be less error prone.
Schedule and Progress
- Releasing TB 16 and 10.0.8esr today.
- Next merge date: 19 November
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Should be releasing Wednesday or Thursday
Extension of the week
- Working on moving our testcases from Litmus to Moztrap (no bug number yet)
- If you could run beta this month it would be Great !
Build / Release Update
- Pymake enabled on the Windows builders (now on Daily & Earlybird & Try).
- Faster builds :-)
- Linux move to CentOS 6 happened.
- What's New page updated for TB16, l10n progressing well
- last minute update for en-us, fr, de
- Feature page content will be updated as well today
- Account Provisioner gains the ability to have prices-per-email in TB16, don't think there are any server side changes needed.
Support and Documentation
- TB Support Community Meeting September 22, 2012 Minutes - Tentative next meeting is Saturday October 13, 5a.m. Pacific
TB16 Support Day is tomorrow Wednesday October 10, 2012!UPDATE: 9 October 2012 2:40p.m. PACIFIC - Since the release is postponed we're going to postpone the suppport day until Thursday October 11, 2012 - Please add any issues to the Thunderbird 16.0 Support issues page using the tagging convention from the TB16 Support Day Etherpad. Use the following tags and any other relevant Get Satisfaction tags as appropriate: tb16, tb16upgrade, tb16box, tb16ubuntuone, tb16im,tb16twitter, tb16irc, tb16gtalk, tb16xmpp, tb16compactlost
- 1176 new support topics (1189 one week ago ) - Media:1-7October2012-Part1of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png, Media:1-7October2012-Part2of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- Untriaged component -- What concerns do we have, if any, about implementing an Untriaged component for Thunderbird? Firefox has an Untriaged component which is working well for them for almost a year. All bug reports go there which were filed by users doing Firefox guided bug entry (which is what ALL users get if they don't have bugzilla privileges). In other words these bugs no longer go to component=General, in fact they can't pick a component. The relevant Firefox bugs are bug 713163 and bug 713165. Unlike Firefox, Thunderbird guided bug entry currently does allow picking component.
- We can't think of any concerns. (It sounds like a good idea, to let us hop on new bug filers quickly, and show them how responsive we are.)
- How is it working for Firefox? Well, they haven't rolled back on it so far (9 months)…
- Two concerns:
- 1) Do we let people pick a component? (If so, we should exclude "General".)
- 2) We don't have a "Filter" component for Thunderbird.
- wsmwk will push.
roland, florian, anne-marie, ludovic, wsmwk, mconley, irving, bwinton.