Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- taking notes on Etherpad at https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/status-meeting-minute-taking
- We have a calendar at https://email@example.com/Thunderbird%20Schedules to have meetings coming up.
- Florian: Twitter will stop working on May 7th for existing Tb builds, bug 857049 needs urgent attention.
Action Items From last Week
- Standard8: Document flags to tb-planning
- Standard8: Follow up with metric numbers being public
- This should be happening soon, work has been done, waiting for final approvals
- Standard8: Look into having these meeting notes blogged
- They are blogged: https://blog.mozilla.org/meeting-notes/archives/tag/thunderbird
- Need to get back on Planet Thunderbird
- Move http.jsm into toolkit? Maybe? clokep will talk to Mossop about that.
- Mossop wants to know - are there XULRunner based TB / IB instances? Kinda.... people have been fiddling with it. Might as well land the module in XULRunner as well.
- jcranmer: Ping bienvenu about WIP maildir converter for GSoC (by friday)
- Looks like this moved forward a bit - jcranmer is listed as the mentor for this project.
- Roland: is there a way we can give people SUMO permissions for article editing without having to bug you about it?
- other people have approver priviledges e.g. Wayne and Jen and others! So need to ping me but I will do reviews this week if nobody beats me to it! - Roland to send email to other approvers and how to turn on email notifications.
Friends of the Tree
- Archaeopteryx (aryx) - for the mailServices conversion bug 852690
- WADA - for testing >4GB mbox files and maildir bugs bug 845952
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org that she can send them a shirt!
Google Summer of Code
- Official project proposals posted: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Community:SummerOfCode13#Thunderbird
- The guy taking mbox-to-maildir may also help with bug 845952 (maildir bugs).
- jcranmer has given some great feedback on bug 841603 - will hopefully update the patch sometime next week and ask for a real review.
- Targetting to land this work in Thunderbird 23
- Helped fix some permanent oranges in content-tabs/test-plugin-crashing.js
- Lots and lots of reviews (will hopefully have lots of time in the evenings next week to do some more - maybe even clear my queue!)
- Also trying to once and for all deal with the click_menus_in_sequence popup Mozmill failures for Linux (you'll get a bev. from aceman if you do fix it:)). I think I have a working solution, I just need to make it work across the rest of our tests too.
- Need quick action in bug 855631 (or so I think) as it now needs to be copied to aurora too.
- Is there any plan on development in the TB24 cycle? E.g. smaller changes, no changes affecting addons, no tree-wide changes with potential of breakage (like the (mail)services conversions)? Seems mconley and jcranmer also target some big work for 23.
- Small changes could be accepted on TB24 cycle, but we're trying to keep the changes there small in order to reduce any regressions (since we're short of hands on QA)
- Killing of nsISupportsArray continues. Do we attempt to kill nsIMsgFilter.idl::searchTerms before TB25 - so that probably means in 23? If yes, we need a plan as it is tree-wide (bug 857230). And it may clash with the other tree-wide planned changes (mconley & jcranmer). (Answer: shouldn't be a conflict with jcranmer or mconley's work)
- Possible progress for >4GB mboxes, follow links from bug 789679. Build (patches) to test at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=793865#c52 . Irving is reviewing it.
- Lots of reviews
- Released TB 17.0.5 & esr
- Helped fixing bustage & permanent oranges
- Extra folder columns 1.1.5 now approved
- Other people have SUMOMO KB approver priviledges e.g. Wayne and Jen and others! So need to ping me but I will do reviews this week if nobody beats me to it! - Roland to send email to other approvers and how to turn on email notifications.
- I owe the community a few major bugs for me to fix before TB 24, so feel free to send candidates to me (e.g. filter on send, "stop filter execution" problem would be nice). I might want to look at that send hang with ...attachment or perhaps the SMTP protocol issue, but I have not really decided.
- Otherwise, I continue on a daily basis working on Exchange support. Generally, email support is fully functional though with lots of little issues.
- Investigating possibilities for dropping second ESR release channel whilst maintaining mainstream the same as the ESR releases.
- Standard8: arrange for swag to be sent to WADA and aryx who are our awesome FotT.
- Where is Ben Kerensa? (on IRC :-P) - he should come to these meetings. :)
Usul, rkent, aceman, wsmwk, rolandtanglao, Standard8, florian, mconley, mkmelin, bwinton?, irving