From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Meeting Changes


(not mentioned in the Etherpad)

Action items from last meetings

  • [Standard8] Are WADA, Aryx, Chiaki Ishikawa, JosiahOne and jcranmer from previous nomination covered already for swag?
    • Standard8 has sent out a "where are they" request
  • [mconley]
    • Thunderbird usage data isn't public. Standard8 was tasked with getting that information released. What's the status on that?
      • Metrics is still needinfo'd on getting non-staff community added to usage metrics report emails
  • [mconley] Ask jorgev if Marketplace merge would accept patches to make Thunderbird work there...
  • [mconley] Can we pull jb into this AMO discussion? Can we get an advocate higher up the Mozilla-chain? jb+gerv?
  • [mconley] Talk to bwinton and see if we can get "the regulars" whitelisted on tb-planning.

Friends of the tree

Current status and discussions

  • Discussing about money and meetings and etc.

Critical Issues

  • Please request review from Florian (:florian) or Patrick (:clokep) on all changes that touch chat/! If you know you do not need our review (e.g. jcranmer's mass build infrastructure changes are fine), CCing us on the bug would still be appreciated!


Round Table

  • wsmwk
    • #thunderbird, we should update the owner/operator hierarchy to be people active in the project (currently stuart and Kensie are not so active). Levels described: [wsm suggestion] Minimally, we need a new Founder, SOP and another HOP. Add your suggestions to the list of current operator names (denoted wtih "c") ...
   Lev  Nick
  -fnd-  stuart     (is marked as "founder")
c SOP  Hendikins
c SOP  gozer
c AOP  firebot
c AOP  philor - suggest ask about remove (not normally in channel, just to tidy up list)
c HOP  beltzner - suggest we just remove (not normally in channel, just to tidy up list)
c HOP  Kensie  (formerly Lucy)
c HOP  usul
c HOP  wsmwk
c HOP  Standard8 -> can ask gozer to promote me, so that I can give privs to others
  • Wayne remarks on IRC that we're making progress on the IRC operators update
  • clokep / florian
    • Florian is close to having the "Additional Chat Protocols" add-on done for TB 24
  • jcranmer
    • Trying to get status updates from releng for cc-rework deployment work
    • Work is progressing on cleaning up JSMime for a 0.2 release
  • JosiahOne
    • Have had exams and will have exams until tomorrow. After that I should be able to knock off the new composer ui stuff.
    • Just have to re-write some tests and then I'll be able to land the animated TB tabs.
    • Have been investigating moving theme code to themes/shared/. Should be able to start on that in a couple weeks.
  • Standard8
    • Have been mainly focussed on releases & clearing up some reviews
    • Another Beta this week
  • sshagarwal
    • Fixed the status bar messages bug(s), (bugs 214854 and 224436 in particular), which has possibly fixed most of the status bar messages bugs from meta bug 66860, testing is left to see if something is left.
    • Attachment reminder (bug 521158) finally landed.
    • Quick filter bar bug (bug 586131) is in progress, "|" is already implemented, additional issues with the coupling of AND and OR are left.
    • Recipient columns (bug 522886) is almost done, just a glitch has come up and nothing can be done for it before discussion (that is going on) finalises something.
    • Feature request to start TB on windows startup (bug 899913) is done from my side except the optional arguments support but is pending approval for startup performance reasons/issues.
    • Few other dialog box messages (e.g. bug 793270) fixed.
    • Busy with exams/presentations/practicals/evaluations so a bit slow at the OTR (bug 779052), apologies for that, will resume from December beginning (that's when my exams are getting over).
    • And the Print Preview functionality in compose window (bug 251953) implemented.

Question Time


  • Kudos to sshagarwal!

Action Items