Thunderbird meeting notes 2015-09-08. NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- Fallen, mkmelin, rkent, wsmwk, Pegasus_RPG, MakeMyDay, Jorg K, Paenglab
Action items from last meetings
- Get release documentation into wiki
Friends of the tree
Current status and discussions
- 38.2.0 #users: 5.8M on 9/7, 4.7M as of 8/27, 3.7M as of 8/24 and 31.7.0 is 2.5M
- use https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/thunderbird38-support-issues to communicate version 38 issues
- Tree status issues: https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/tree-status
- General fragility / poor condition of beta and nightly tree buildability - hurts testing, puts beta users at security risk, results in landings in clumps hurting QA and regression hunting ^^ (Even though we have great people working on these issues .. do we need more??)
Leave critical bugs here until confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- see tb38 etherpad https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/thunderbird38-support-issues
- tracking-tb38 flags
- bug 1197686 - jsmime issues - patch provided (jcranmer's solution)
- needs assignee after solution identified - bug 1196662 not checking mails after hibernation, caused by core bug 1178890 (and we may be seeing other issues from 1178890, like hangs)
- aceman is assignee - bug 1183490 - (dataloss) New emails do not adhere to sort by order received
- status TBD - bug 1182629 - update to 38.1.0 from 38.0.1 re-enables disabled Lightning
- status TBD - bug 1176399 - Multiple master password when GMail OAuth2 is enabled
- status ??? - bug 1176748 - Someone needs to add additional main thread proxies to the migration code (jorgk and m_kato have in previous years been the major drivers of fixes)
- topcrash bug 1149287 is ** 31% of our crashes** - see below
removing from critical list/fixed:
Critical for TB42 and beyond:
- bug 1193200 - Blocker: Permissions manager/Remote content exceptions - Jorg K and Aceman looking into it.
- 38.0.1 nominally shipped 2015-06-12
- 38.1.0 shipped 2015-07-10
- 31.8.0 shipped 2015-07-17
- 40.0beta shipped 2015-07-27 (skipping 39.0b)
- 38.2.0 shipped 2015-08-14
- 38.3.0 ~2015-09-23
- 41.0beta 2015-09-08 build2 in progress. missed ~2015-08-10
- 42.0beta ~2015-09-26
- 188.8.131.52 - due to bug 1182264
- 4.0.3 - tracking in bug 1194997
- Still need help rewriting SUMO help articles on Lightning
- Need to fix bug 1194997 for calendars disabling themselves
- bug 772796 - M-C editor problem, TB papercut - ongoing with help of :roc
- bug 1174452 - M-C editor problem, copy/paste - "white-space: pre;" - currently stalled.
- bug 717433 and bug 1200533 - M-C spellchecker dictionary problems, r+, will land.
- bug 1197687 - Font menu again, waiting for Neil/Ian.
- bug 1193200 - Blocker bug: Content permissions/exceptions: patch proposed, ongoing discussion. Aceman likely to take over.
- bug 1197686 - jsmime fails on long reference headers: patch prepared, content by Joshua.
- funding and resourcing changes in next 3-6 months
- anticipate a new corporate home
- how to spend money? where to focus hires?
- what will be the service model? eg ODF
- Windows 10: will need to encourage users to file bugs and everyone to triage/fix and drive fixes into 38. I run Windows 10 and do not have any problems with Thunderbird 38. Yes trunk has the issue of the window closing, but that is being worked.
I now have a win10 pc available for testing, with Paenglab's XPI
- PLEASE PUT THE NEXT MEETING IN YOUR (LIGHTNING) CALENDAR
- Note - meeting notes must be copied from etherpad to wiki before 5AM CET next day so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.
- Support lead
- Accessibility lead
- beta and aurora release bug tenders for managing what's needed so releases can be built on schedule
- persons comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved
- Revise lightning articles on SUMO: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/search/advanced?q=lightning&language=en-US&category=10&category=20&product=thunderbird&sortby_documents=relevance&a=1&w=1 - to query articles that needs change: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/contributors/kb-overview?product=thunderbird