Thunderbird notes 2016-02-09. NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- 1 Attendees
- 2 MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
- 3 Action items from last meetings
- 4 Current status / Announcements
- 5 Current Release Critical Issues
- 6 Version 45
- 7 Releases
- 8 Lightning
- 9 Round Table
- 10 Question Time
- 11 Other
- 12 Friends of the tree
- 13 Action Items
- 14 Help Wanted
- jorgk, marcoagpinto, rkent, ba, mkmelin, wsmwk, MakeMyday, Fallen
MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
- version 45, 52
- governance, futures
Action items from last meetings
- Thunderbird Council reorganization: we'll discuss this in the Council directly and do some reorganization. This is not a forever governance plan, but we need to be practical given the many demands of the moment.
- I (rkent) sent a proposal to the Council two weeks ago, now I need to badger a few people to give responses and decisions. Gerv has a process of voting to approve the slate using tb-planning that he will be running.
- we should really clean up the module owners and peers at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/MailNews_Core and https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Thunderbird. Candidates for removal: Bienvenu, standard8, sid0, JosiahOne.
Current status / Announcements
- Etherpads names at https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird and https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/calendar
- https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird38-support-issues for version 38 ESR issues
- Tree issues: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird-tree-status
- Please help green up the tree - including not only c-c but also esr38, beta, and aurora
Current Release Critical Issues
Leave critical bugs here until confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- tracking-tb38 flags: approved(+)+unfixed in ESR: http://mzl.la/1LDrkxP nominated(?): http://tinyurl.com/pgwflyg
- tracking matrix: http://hg.mozilla.org/users/kent_caspia.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html
- 38.3.1 bug 1211160 calendar 22.214.171.124 is a workaround for 38.3.0 — Thunderbird Version 38.3 Buttons not working menu items // bug 1211291 - Folders are visible, but messages are not. (?related to bug 1211358 lightning chrome.manifest not updated in 38.3.0 ?
- rkent has patch, see above
important (but not top critical)
- status TBD - bug 1182629 - update to 38.1.0 from 38.0.1 re-enables disabled Lightning
- status TBD - bug 1176399 - Multiple master password when GMail OAuth2 is enabled
- status TBD - bug 1176748 - fix main thread proxies to the migration code (jorgk and m_kato have done such fixes in the past)
- filelink, proxy,
- topcrash bug 1149287 is ** 31% of our crashes** - see below
- tracking-tb45 flags: unfixed ?/+ - http://mzl.la/1PMzNiK
- Items that may need to be checked and tested: gtk3, windows 10
- 43.0b1 2015-12-31
- 44.0b1 2016-01-18
- 45.0b1 2016-02-04 with GTK3 built but updates not enabled
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- 45.0b2 with GTK2
- 126.96.36.199 (bundled)
- 188.8.131.52 (AMO)
- 4.0.6 (bundled) (TB 38.6)
- 4.7.0 - bug 1225778 (TB 45)
- finished cleanup of hiro-assigned bugs
clokep (won't be attending)
- Started work on a new Facebook Chat protocol to re-enable that feature
- We (Florian and I) are planning to apply to GSoC again for Mozilla. If you have ideas for Thunderbird: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Community:SummerOfCode16:Brainstorming#Thunderbird
- bug 1235294+bug 1244430 - Don't disable charset menu when charset not supported.
- bug 597369 - Override charset carried over to the next message processed (part 2).
- bug 806011 - Can't set charset for message opened from file
- bug 1244466 - Bustage fix (Stop using nsAutoPtr for holding primitive arrays)
- bug 1245310 - Bustage fix (null ckeck in the context of dom window)
- bug 1243760 - Bustage fix (DOM window) - colaboration with Philip Chee
- Awaiting review:
- Possible issues for meeting:
- Fallen change in employment status (full-time with Mozilla addons)
- Build-related changes
- Doug's desire for us to use Taskcluster
- Combined repository
- Inadequate attention to security bugs
- GTK3->GTK2 for TB 45b2 (needed patches, issues for existing beta)
- Proposed Thunderbird Council membership
- Spring meetup in Europe
- MoFo efforts to move forward with donation flow
- questions about mailing lists
- My continual frustration with lack of coherent bug management plan for Thunderbird. Related frustration on being able to do any kind of project or product management (other than personal management).
- Clarity on how to port bugs post-interface and string freezes.
- Complete proposal for Address Book project with students.
- What is the status of a x64 build?
(This as already answered: They are built right now for Daily, for example: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/nightly/2015/12/2015-12-15-03-02-04-comm-central/thunderbird-46.0a1.en-US.win64.installer.exe See bug 634233)
Could we find someone to be interviewed for Floss Weekly podcast? https://twit.tv/shows/floss-weekly (merike)
European meet-up dates: TB is looking for events/dates in March to May timeframe,that would allow the team to meet with possible European partners in Europe. BA to send an e-mail to the TB team with upcoming European events.
02/08/16 - ba sent an e-mail to Kent & tb planning w a list of Open Source/Free Software Conferences (taking place mostly in Europe)
Friends of the tree
- Support lead
- Revise lightning articles on SUMO: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/search/advanced?q=lightning&language=en-US&category=10&category=20&product=thunderbird&sortby_documents=relevance&a=1&w=1 - to query articles that needs change: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/contributors/kb-overview?product=thunderbird
- Accessibility lead
- Person comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example, graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved