Thunderbird notes 2016-06-14. NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- 1 Attendees
- 2 MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
- 3 Action items from last meetings
- 4 Current status / Announcements
- 5 Current Release Critical Issues
- 6 Version 52
- 7 Releases
- 8 Lightning
- 9 Round Table
- 10 Question Time
- 11 Other
- 12 Friends of the tree
- 13 Action Items
- 14 Help Wanted
- marcoagpinto, Jorg K, mkmelin, PatrickB, wsmwk, aceman, ba, MakeMyDay, Paenglab, pmorris
MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
Action items from last meetings
- DONE clean up module owners and peers https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/MailNews_Core
- Now onto https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Thunderbird :)
Current status / Announcements
Current Release Critical Issues
Leave critical bugs here until confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- tracking matrix: http://hg.mozilla.org/users/kent_caspia.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html
- leftovers of nominated 38(?) : http://tinyurl.com/pgwflyg
- Tree issues: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird-tree-status
important (but not top critical)
- bug 1224846 (esr45) - TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | toolkit/components/osfile/tests/xpcshell/test_read_write.js
- status TBD - bug 1182629 - update to 38.1.0 from 38.0.1 re-enables disabled Lightning fixed?
- status TBD - bug 1176399 - Multiple master password when GMail OAuth2 is enabled
- status TBD - bug 1176748 - fix main thread proxies to the migration code (jorgk and m_kato helped in past)
- proxy (eg causing foxyproxy problems)
- topcrash bug 1149287 is ** 31% of our crashes** - see below (where?)
- bug 1211291 (esr38, unknown in esr45 -- therefore obsolete? Can this be removed? I think so) - Folders are visible, but messages are not. (?related to bug 1211358 lightning chrome.manifest not updated in 38.3.0 ?)
- nobody has a clue about what to do with this, leaning toward shipping 38.7.0 with not fix. (wsmwk) agree, ship without fixing it -- fixed in 45?
- Problems updating to 38.6 to do with Lightning bug 1249894 and its five duplicates. Two users attached their extensions folder. --fixed in 45?
- Isn't this the same as the one above, bug 1211291?
- tracking-tb52 flags: unfixed ?/+ - http://mzl.la/?????
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- 47.0beta in progress (stuck on MAR issue)
- 4.0.8 (bundled)
- 188.8.131.52 (bundled)
- fixing/improving the Becky importer (followups to bug 684455)
- cleaning up the import dialog (now playing with converting it to <wizard>)
- prepared the STEEL removal/depreciation bug 1278067
- misc removal of preprocessing of JS files
- Investigating with Kent:
- Endless "Attaching" bugs.
- Enigmail/p≡p Update: Work is going forward as planned - Volker & Patrick just met. We are currently fixing bugs in the adapter. We have also identified the resource for the integration work - one of the key people of p≡p. We are making the necessary arrangements internally to free him up so that he can work on integrating Enigmail/p≡p into TB build.
Friends of the tree
- Edmund Wong, for fixing bug 1262760 - made linux automation work again
- aleth, especially for fixing bug 1232067 - fixed most perma-oranges for osx that we had for a very long time
- Accessibility lead
- Person comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example, graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved
- Lead to run the donation campaign after TB 45 is released.