Thunderbird notes 2016-07-26. NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
Jorg K, marcoagpinto, ba, Paenglab, MakeMyDay
MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
Action items from last meetings
- clean up module owners and peers for https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Thunderbird
Current status / Announcements
Current Release Critical Issues
Leave critical bugs here until confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- tracking matrix: http://hg.mozilla.org/users/kent_caspia.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html
- leftovers of nominated 38(?) : http://tinyurl.com/pgwflyg
- Tree issues: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird-tree-status
important (but not top critical)
- bug 1224846 (esr45) - TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | toolkit/components/osfile/tests/xpcshell/test_read_write.js
- status TBD - bug 1182629 - update to 38.1.0 from 38.0.1 re-enables disabled Lightning fixed?
- status TBD - bug 1176399 - Multiple master password when GMail OAuth2 is enabled
- status TBD - bug 1176748 - fix main thread proxies to the migration code (jorgk and m_kato helped in past)
- proxy (eg causing foxyproxy problems)
- topcrash bug 1149287 is ** 31% of our crashes** - see below (where?)
- bug 1211291 (esr38, unknown in esr45 -- therefore obsolete? Can this be removed? I think so) - Folders are visible, but messages are not. (?related to bug 1211358 lightning chrome.manifest not updated in 38.3.0 ?)
- nobody has a clue about what to do with this, leaning toward shipping 38.7.0 with not fix. (wsmwk) agree, ship without fixing it -- fixed in 45?
- Problems updating to 38.6 to do with Lightning bug 1249894 and its five duplicates. Two users attached their extensions folder. --fixed in 45?
- Isn't this the same as the one above, bug 1211291?
- tracking-tb52 flags: unfixed ?/+ - http://mzl.la/?????
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- 48.0beta (may not happen)
- 49.0beta after branch on Aug 1st, 2016
- 4.0.8 (bundled)
- 220.127.116.11 (bundled)
- bug 1254666 Edit as new prefills From from original message
- bug 1023285 Bad To/From display when raw UTF-8 is used (jsmime)
- bug 1146099 Display of malformed rfc2047 encoded Subject inconsistent (jsmime)
- bug 1169184 Store language with draft (Content-Language)
- bug 726281 Remove references when saving template
- bug 1287126 Space stuffing removal in plaintext format=flowed
- bug 1288363 Use default account and not first in list
- bug 1288355 Bustage fix (MOZ_UTF16)
- bug 1288929 Double-click problem in editor
- bug 1288758 Bustage-fix (moz.build)
- Awaiting review.
Friends of the tree
- Accessibility lead
- Person comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example, graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved
- Lead to run the donation campaign after TB 45 is released.