Thunderbird notes 2017-06-13 NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- 1 Attendees
- 2 MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
- 3 Action items from last meetings
- 4 Current status / Announcements
- 5 Current Release Critical Issues
- 6 Version 52
- 7 Releases
- 8 Lightning
- 9 Round Table
- 10 Question Time
- 11 Action Items
- 12 Help Wanted
Jorg K, Paenglab, mkmelin,
MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
Action items from last meetings
Current status / Announcements
Current Release Critical Issues
- tracking matrix: (broken) http://hg.mozilla.org/users/kent_caspia.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html
- leftovers of nominated 38(?) : http://tinyurl.com/pgwflyg
- Tree issues:
- https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird-tree-status (somewhat abandoned)
- dashboard: https://mozilla.kewis.ch/treestatus/#/tb-treestatus
- c-c looking fairly good- Perma-red/orange: https://mzl.la/2lrQTHC
- tracking-tbesr52+tb52 flags: unfixed ?/+ - https://mzl.la/2pULYoU (tracking-tb52: https://mzl.la/2dVQYjg)
- most needed for ESR52:
- Unfixed regressions: https://mzl.la/2pQmPYI among them
- 45.8.0 (2017-03-07)
- 52.0beta 4 (2017-02-28)
- 53.0b1 (2017-04-10)
- 52.0 ESR (2017-04-04)
- 52.0.1 ESR (2017-04-14)
- 53.0b2 (2017-04-19)
- 52.1.0 ESR (2017-04-30) (rush job for gmail problem)
- 52.1.1 ESR (2017-05-15 - plan to enable automatic updates from 45.x)
- 54.0b1 (2017-05-19)
- 54.0b2 (2017-05-25)
- 54.0b3 (2017-06-02)
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- Branching happened on 2017-06-12, next branch: 2017-08-07
- TB 52.2 (currently being built) - https://www-dev.allizom.org/en-US/thunderbird/52.2.0/releasenotes/
- TB 55 beta
- 4.7.8 (bundled)
- 5.4 (TB 52 ESR)
- bug 1368738 Use GetSpecIgnoringRef() in GetPrincipalSpec() in all protocols, fixes anchor links.
- bug 1366273 restore code to check link target exists.
- bug 1369403 bustage-fix (sandbox.xpt)
- bug 1369835 bustage-fix (code based principal call replacement)
- bug 1364723 Regression: Newsgroups, link: "Click here to remove all expired articles" stopped working
- bug 1368646 Bustage-fix Port nsSemanticUnitScanner to mailnews
- bug 1363281 Port "Replace uconv with encoding_rs" to mailnews
- bug 1371898 Bustage-fix (localstore.rdf import)
- bug 1367156 Prioritise image parts lower and make them undisplayable when plain text is required
- bug 1371300 Bustage-fix (python directory moved)
- bug 1364977 remove obs_documentCreated observer in ComposeUnload(), trivial.
- bug 1370011 fix crash in ParseMailtoUrl()
- bug 1369345 Bustage-fix (Remove messageWakeupService)
- Added the features, channel, organizations, and all build download pages on https://stage.thunderbird.net/en-US/
- Download buttons added for all languages and platforms.
- Found a CDN (for website) that should work and won't cost hundreds per month, testing Cloudfront.
- Next: remaining two items to get this up on thunderbird.net are release notes and language rewrite code
- A few URLs are broken and the site needs a final polish pass after notes/language rewrites are done.
- Started researching how to set up AMO and determining whether this is even realistic, will be another couple weeks before I have anything to report.
- Want to use New Relic synthetics for testing the website and the only services in place of Site 24x7, probably would take 1-2 weeks to set up.
- Accessibility lead
- Person comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example, graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved