Thunderbird notes 2020-03-17 NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- 1 Attendees
- 2 MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
- 3 Action items from last meetings
- 4 Current status / Announcements
- 5 Current Release Critical Issues
- 6 Releases
- 7 Round Table
- 8 Question Time
- 9 Help Wanted
aleca, Wayne, Sancus, rjl, pmorris, Paenglab, aleca, ryanleesipes, bittin , mkmelin, marcoagpinto, Hilary, ryanleesipes
MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
Action items from last meetings
Current status / Announcements
Current Release Critical Issues
- The tree: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=comm-central
Thunderbird Release Schedule:
- TB 68.6 (2020-03-13)
- Tb 75 b1 (2020-03-13)
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- Branching: next branch to TB 75: 2020-04-06
Geoff (not attending, 9 AM in NZ)
- bug 1599275 - Fix action button badges after toolbarbutton conversion to CE (bug 1519577)
- bug 1620861 - Fix prompt for extension permission updates
- bug 1617449 - Convert remove_account tests to use in-content dialog
- bug 1599380 - WebExtensions API event for when new mail arrives
- bug 1613534 - If a message body is specified, do not insert a paragraph at the start
- bug 1613534 - Handle message body in browser.compose API functions
- bug 1619824 - Remove prefs disabling the OS X address book in tests
- bug 1619157 - Fix error when deleting contacts or mailing lists from contacts side bar
- Much bustage
- Sample extensions
- Fixing bugs in existing WE APIs
- In progress:
- bug 1621841 - Update extensions prompts code to match Firefox
- More WebExtensions API functionality for compose windows
- Docs on looking after comm-central day to day
Mostly reviews Gotten the Fluid Migration going on in Thunderbird
- Putting out fires
- Coordinating with the rest of Mozilla to get some processes in place following MZLA setup.
- Lots of interest in what types of services Thunderbird users have interest in.
- working on docs for infrastructure.thunderbird.net, hopefully published soon, will contain docs for all infra projects and move them out of the repo readmes
- finished up stats work(for now) https://stats.thunderbird.net
- researching crash stats and sso stuff
- Lot of work rearranging AWS stuff, moving web servers from linode to AWS
- Matrix onboarding, add-on reviews
- In review:
- In process:
- In the queue:
- Planning bugdays
- Testing opportunities available or coming up in beta - OTR Chat posted in TB planning (#thunderbird-otr on freenode), account hub, encryption stuff (open pgp), matrix
- bug 1619756 - Port bug 1592728: Enable async live stacks in all channels.
- bug 1619885 - Port bug 1619442: Style inactive status panel with visibility: hidden.
- bug 1619911 - Port bug 1612979: Enable locking of auto update setting through enterprise policy.
- bug 1620352 - Remove the keyhole from the lock icon to better differentiate it from the warning icon.
- bug 1620535 - Make it possible to use DMD on Thunderbird.
- bug 1617449 - Make the "Remove Account" dialog in-content.
- bug 1619146 - Let the emailWizard use the dark theme.
- bug 1621287 - Use on the <hbox> statusbar role="status" to make it accessible.
- bug 1617960 - Add a favicon for the Account Manager tab.
- bug 1622298 - Port bug 1621732: Provide a policy to disable ciphers.
- bug 1621266 - "Add OTR Fingerprint" context menu shown for IRC chat rooms
- bug 1551590 - OTR: When receiving verify request, start with notification
- bug 1556989 - OTR manage fingerprints: disable "remove all" button if list is empty
- bug 1619731 - Reorganize App Menu items
- bug 1589005 - implement account hub for a centralized way to set up mail, calendar, filelink, online addressbook, and potentially other services - PART 1
- In progress:
- bug 1615501 - Convert the Preferences tabs to html:template and Fluent
- bug 1620718 - Unlabelled incoming/outgoing server fields in Accounts dialog
- bug 1589859 - Partially broken accessibility in the headers pane for a message
- bug 213945 - Mail/message listing/thread pane needs more organization in 3 vertical pane view (like Outlook, Lotus Notes et al.)
- bug 1593080 - blog.thunderbird.net - create new theme
Helps out running the DevCalls once a week to help make Addon Developers move over their Old Addons to New Addons etc
Khushil (Not Attending)
- bug 1589552 - Conversations list assumes all elements represent a contact
- bug 437711 - Use new Drag'n'Drop API in Calendar
- bug 1590036 - port bug 1518632 to Thunderbird - Show users who get a fresh profile instead of reusing the previous default a first run UI(ESR 68)
- bug 1620206 - Account Manager: S/MIME cert selection not saved if closing
- In progress:
Translated some strings of Lightning into Swedish
- Aleca - Where’s the “Manual Config” section in the account settings? bug 1620718
- Christopher - How to help prepare add-ons developers with the transition to Fluent.
- Aleca, Ryan - General discussion: Support, productivity, and keeping in contact during the Pandemic