Thunderbird notes 2020-04-28 NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- 1 Attendees
- 2 MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
- 3 Action items from last meetings
- 4 Current status / Announcements
- 5 Current Release Critical Issues
- 6 Releases
- 7 Round Table
- 8 Question Time
aleca, rjl, pmorris, Paenglab, mkmelin, Hilary, Khushil, ryanleesipes, sancus, wsmwk
MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
Action items from last meetings
Current status / Announcements
Current Release Critical Issues
- The tree: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=comm-central
Thunderbird Release Schedule:
- TB 68.7 2020-04-08
- TB 76.0b2 2020-04-22
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- building 76.0b3 right now
- Branching: next branch to TB 77 beta: 2020-05-07
- 68.8.0 - 2020-05-05
Geoff (not attending, 7 AM in NZ)
- bug 1630786 part 2 - Allow registration of content scripts in the compose window
- bug 1630786 part 1 - Support insertCSS/removeCSS/executeScript in compose windows
- bug 1631995 - Test events in the browser.windows and browser.tabs APIs and fix things that fail
- bug 1631011 - Fire compose.onBeforeSend sequentially instead of all at once
- bug 1619057 - Expand mailing lists even if browser.compose.onBeforeSend listener returns nothing
- bug 1629023 - Return a tab object from compose.begin* functions
- bug 1630485 - Stop trying to refresh a task tree that no longer exists
- bug 1615588 - Fix Thunderbird Prompts following bug 1615588 changes
- bug 1630840 - Fix updating browserAction properties in the current tab
- bug 1626391 - Fix calendar printing by giving templates URLs that work
- bug 1630485 - Move browser_timezones.js to a folder of its own
- bug 1629523 - Initialize m_AddressList before use
- bug 1629495 - Rewrite calendar preferences tests without Mozmill
- In progress:
- Virtual Summit - Times for most talks posted, if there is a mistake or you want to get a talk in there let me know.
- Fixed many things
- A number of website bugs, improved 404 tracking, website l10n problems.
- stats were broken again.
- SSL certificate refresh scripts needed updating due to server-side changes.
- Various ATN server updates.
- Fixed validation and elasticache server issues.
- Started work to move web servers to AWS, Linode is less secure and reliable.
- bug 1600923 Still working on ATN update, hope to be able to deploy it this week.
- Ugly red warning page for old versions of Thunderbird is here, working on JS to make it show how out of date you are.
- In review:
- In process:
- In the queue:
- bug 1631902 - Add event preview to ICS import dialog
- bug 306495 - autodetect remote calendar type so user doesn't need to pick (with DNS or .well-known
- bug 1562896 - Accept event invitation: Reply wrongly sent from and confirmed for...
- bug 357480 - [meta] Opening or adding .ics files to calendar by double click
- new crashes
- bug 1629518 - Fix the Event invitation message to work on dark background too.
- bug 1629979 - Make the calendar color indicators round.
- bug 1630863 - Port bug 1628029: Add telemetry events for OS authentication.
- bug 1630674 - Port bug 1628487: Locked Socks V5 shouldn't enable.
- bug 1630985 - Part 1: Make the composer's header themeable.
- bug 1630985 - Part 2: Make composer's msgIdentity popup themeable.
- bug 1619148 - Fix twisty icon size in message header field.
- bug 1631009 - Remove Thunderbird's devtools.inspector.use-new-box-model-highlighter pref which was removed in bug 1607755.
- bug 1631394 - Rename the directories /incontentprefs/ and /in-content/ into /preferences/.
- bug 1631779 - Implement photon icons for the address book.
- bug 1631742 - Port bug 1631278: Mirror the "Restore" window control button for RTL.
- bug 242418 - Use a monospace font for the password field.
- bug 1632449 - Port bug 1629946: Add region and distribution ID information onto about:support.
- bug 1632515 - Unify the composer format buttons.
- bug 1632850 - Port bug 1631289: Stop including preferences.css twice in preferences dialogs.
- bug 1632878 - Use the photon junk icon in the notification bar and thread pane.
- bug 1633155 - Port bug 1631879: Update the name of the osKeyStore log preference now that it has moved to toolkit.
- bug 1630041 - Thunderbird ignores app.update.url, breaking stats.thunderbird.net
- Will not be in 76.0b3, but is set for 77.0b1
- bug 1621782 - Import the RNP, Botan, json-c (and potential other dependencies) into the comm-central tree
- bug 1621785 - Build and distribute the RNP, Botan, json-c libraries
- bug 1629666 - Optimize loading of RNP shared library
- bug 1628339 - Add non-cross built Windows 64 (win64-plain) to Taskcluster for verifying builds on Windows functionality
- bug 1630369 - Building on windows broken when --enable-openpgp used
- bug 1630376 - Windows builds with --enable-openpgp fail with undeclared identifier errno
- bug 1631627 - RNP does not build with linux64-clang-win-cross toolchain since April 15
- bug 1626947 - Thunderbird doesn't start for locales not set up for calendar
- bug 1632343 - --enable-openpgp is incompatible with --enable-artifact-builds
- bug 1632986 - Make shipped-locales on comm-central match what's really shipped
- bug 1577518 - Upgrade Thunderbird's libgcrypt to 1.8.5
- In Progress
- Big things before 78
- New translations? Maybe...
- Some RNP library build things
- Merge day automation
- bug 1519799 - OTR UI: How to display the encryption state of individual messages?
- bug 1549938 - OTR Chat: important consecutive inline system messages can be collapsed/hidden
- bug 1627451 - Edit recipient pill: Making short email address longer does not adjust pill size, pushes address out of pill, cursor outside pill
- bug 1633287 - Backspace and navigation keys no longer working for recipient input fields
- bug 1630765 - The focus ring jumps to the next addressing row after a pill is created.
- bug 1629295 - Editing of e-mail addresses in the "To" field no longer accessible
- bug 1631060 - Twisty icons cut off in calendar lists
- In progress:
- Under review:
- bug 1633562 - Ctrl+A from empty recipient input "double-fires" and prematurely selects all rows before current row
- OTR Usability test overview with URA design
- bug 1348064 - Implement Direct Messages
- bug 1346441 - Add basic Command Support for Matrix.
- bug 1590474 - Mail window: Implement new handling for bad server certificates on SSL/TLS connections
- bug 1590473 - Mail account wizard: Implement new handling for bad server certificates on SSL/TLS connections
- bug 1626182 - Support the SSO for chat.mozilla.org
- bug 1632065 - Persist Matrix Timeline
Donation landing page update? Help landing page update? https://give.thunderbird.net/help/ Donor concerns: Quality of German version of Thunderbird (dictionary not very good) Desire to have easy-to-understand “how to use Thunderbird” resources Mobile device support (phones, tablets)
Action item: Develop gdoc with: What donors need to know (how to install, general “getting started”) Biggest questions not answered in FAQ Old support docs that need to be updated (Extra: potential format for this information beyond text--audiovisual? How often would this need to be updated?)
Geoff: Time to stop 32-bit Linux? Yes please. Alex: Who’s “in charge” of the Chat code? (Florian is the chat module owner.) Paul: UI design process? What’s the preferred way to do this?