Thunderbird notes 2020-06-23 NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
Aleca, sancus, mkmelin, ryan, Wayne, hilary, Khushil, Paenglab, rob, Paul, Lasana
- 78.0b2 - 2020-06-17
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- 78.0b3 - today
- 78.0b4 - soon
- 68.10.0 - 2020-06-30
- 78.0 - 2020-06-30 or later following week
- Please use bug 1644037 - Bugs found during testing and initial release of TB78 [meta].
Geoff (not attending, 7 AM in NZ)
- bug 1647170 Fix "ReferenceError: rearrangeAttendees is not defined" in calendar event window
- bug 1635019 Fix "container is undefined" error in panelUI.js
- bug 1644487 Fix tab argument of menu API when in a message display window
- bug 1646672 Fix browser_customize.js on Mac
- bug 1623276 Refresh agenda and unifinder in onEndBatch instead of onLoad
- bug 1593711 Remove extraneous QueryInterface calls that broke task filtering
- bug 1627197 Fix <select> elements in WebExtensions action popups
- bug 1644967 Allow the use of WINDOW_ID_CURRENT in browser.windows.remove
- bug 1646878 Ship stylesheets for browser_style
- bug 546932 Various fixes for CardDAV
- bug 1645945 Add context menu and other popups to composeAction panel
- bug 1645945 Fix the context menu and date picker for browserAction panels
- bug 1645945 Add the mailContext menu to extension popup windows
- bug 1645719 Create more space for column headers in attendees dialog
- bug 1639415 Fix "Clear Recent History" window
- bug 1642189 Fire event when the user changes compose identity
- bug 1645263 Fix windows and tabs API onCreated/onRemoved events for popup windows
- bug 1627200 Fix autocomplete popup of <input> with <datalist>
- bug 1644667 When setting contact properties, convert values to string
- Many other much less interesting things
- In progress:
- Polishing and bug fixing
- Should have a couple of 78 specific support pages up (extension permissions and Encryption) up today.
- Have begun work on What’s New Page content and blog post content (where I will be making a note of encryption and the update situation).
- (A note about moving)
- OFF NEXT WEEK (6/29 - 7/03)
- Spent some more time on telemetry, it’s working in Nightly as of today and we are receiving data.
- Helped with 78 beta release.
- Started working on decoding and categorizing the reports to eventually make querying them possible
- ATN stuff:
- Set max version of all legacy add-ons that had "*" to 73.0.
- started working on linter
- changed featured addons
- some admin work
- fixed an issue with server side cron script
- In review:
- bug 1647756 - Clarify CalDAV LegacySAXResponse code
- In process:
- In the queue:
- CalConnect virtual meetings (calendar data format standards organization)
- betas and release78.0 preparations
- 78.0 2020-06-30 is what is on the calendar, but we won’t do that - July 6-7 earliest mostly because of non-coding work still to be done - KB documents, Engimail, etc - plus personnel availabilty
- bug 1645169 - Improve the CardDAV dialog.
- bug 1644730 - Use a SVG for the treecol sort arrows to make them themeable.
- bug 1645687 - Use 2px border radius for the quota meter progress bar.
- bug 1645700 - Disable some undesired outlines for the searchBox class.
- bug 1639107 - Port bug 1638153 part 2: Fix uses of .rootTreeItem to get top browser window.
- bug 1645858 - Regroup the buttons to fit better with locales with long strings.
- bug 1647087 - Center align the content of the success-container and remove the focus on read-only textfields.
- bug 1647801 - Rename GetCurrentThreadSerialEventTarget() after bug 1637500.
- In Progress
- bug 1627736 - Simpler user onboarding: Add a powerful "Personal Key Configuration Dialog" (PKCD)
- bug 1645643 - Deleting pills with BACKSPACE (aka DELETE, ←) key sometimes fails on MAC, depending on prior focus
- bug 1624223 - Thunderbird: Fix the UI spacing and layout of the e2e encryption preferences
- bug 1612055 - Default order of thread pane columns changed: all iconic columns first (Thread, Starred, Attachments, Read, Junk Status /spam), then text columns: error-prone, useless UI.
- bug 1645271 - Links in Account Manager open in browser window but also replace the Tab content
- In progress:
- Ready to land:
- OTR usability test report
- Bug reviews and UI discussions
- bug 1638609 - “Find More Add-ons" button opens ATN in external browser
- bug 1645094 - Reminder label in the Calendar Summary Dialog is not vertically aligned
- bug 1644990 - Event reminder dialog - Location URLs are not clickable
- bug 1644798 - Labels in the tooltip for the events should be right aligned
- bug 1582410 - message compose should use document.execCommand for editing commands
- bug 1589863 - The website/URL header for an RSS feed item in the headers pane of the message preview pane is not reachable via keyboard
- bug 1638874 - Adding any emoji in the compose window throws an error
- In Review:
No significant monthly donor losses due to COVID Starting diversity and inclusion conversation RE: Thunderbird’s name
- [Ryan] Saw some of the Apple WWDC event, are we going to try to support arm64 Macs?
- [Rob}Discussion around Firefox supporting it in Matrix, will follow their lead.
- [Alex] If a topic turns into a bit of a flame, when/how to stop it? Where do we draw the line?
- [Ryan] Feedback should be constructive and follow the “Be Respectful” portion of the Mozilla CPG. If it crosses the line, then we should do what is necessary to ensure a topic doesn’t devolve into a flame war and that the offending parties are coached properly.
- bug 1647251 - Starting TB 78 on a profile with many folders gives unresponsive script error
Current Tree Status
- The tree: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=comm-central
Thunderbird Events Schedule: