Thunderbird 3.0 alpha 3 is intended to be a (mostly) date-driven release.
- String Freeze: 23:59 PDT, Sept 16
- Code Freeze: 23:59 PDT, Sept 23
- What should block 3.0b1?
- Things that would truly impair usability on a day-to-day basis. dataloss bugs, crashers, and bugs with serious usability impact are likely to qualify here.
- Features that drivers decide are required for 3.0 alpha3 so that they can get extended testing coverage.
- The following flags are available.
- Feel free to nominate for blockers as appropriate.
- It is ok to nominate for wanted as well, but wanted is used mostly for the case where thunderbird-drivers decides that something is not strong enough to block, but is still worth caring about. Folks who want to help implement these bugs are very welcome to supply patches (see Getting Involved
Triage of blocking and wanted requests will happen regularly. firstname.lastname@example.org will do the triage.
There are shared queries in Bugzilla for various states of these flags. Anyone with canconfirm privs (which should include most interested folks) can add them to the Bugzilla page footer by going to Actions/Preferences/Saved Searches from that footer.
Download and test
The latest TB3 alpha or beta releases for testing purposes can be found here: