SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.14
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.1
- 1.5 Feature List, Planning
- 1.6 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.7 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank?
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Mnyromyr to coordinate the SeaMonkey response to this years Google Summer of Code.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
- At the "State of the Map - Europe" OpenStreetMap conference, KaiRo will try to get people to team up and create an open service.
- Based on Gecko 220.127.116.11, target April 26, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.19.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3
- Has been SHIPPED on 08 April, ~3100 downloads so far, ~XXX ADU.
- Firefox 4.0 was released on 22nd March.
- Don't fear being aggressive with blocker triage, If it isn't needed it doesn't block. By that same token, if you are able to fix a blocker please try and work on them before tackling any other bugs.
- Help patches can go in at anytime.
Further 2.1 scheduling:
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- 2.1pre should be followed by our release (candidate), which can possibly be based on Gecko 2.0.1 (which is now guaranteed to come).
- We should release within 6 weeks from FF4.
- Managing the branching (or not) of comm-central for comm-20 will depend on the Messaging people.
- There might not be any more official security updates to the 1.9.1 branch after the upcoming one, so we should get a stable release based on Mozilla 2.0 out as soon as we can.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 55 new, 37 fixed, 28 triaged.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil].
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- Only lwthemes doorhangers are left to do.
- NO l10n-impact
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
- A lot of untangling needs to go on between the 3 editors that we have. We can expect a bit of code cleanup for 2.1 but full customization will probably go 2.next as it needs work on TB too which is taking a while to get reviews on, plus feedback from kaze.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0b4 seems to be targeted to be Gecko 2.0-based.
- Due to recent Lightning patches/fixes, Lightning nightlies are now working again on SM trunk.
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently busy with his new job so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- MattATobin and MReimer
arewere looking into this.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
- No l10n impact
- (InvisibleSmiley: ) Neil said "Actually our location bar history doesn't and can't use autocomplete at all.", moving to 2.next.
For now only a drop zone for those that surely will not make 2.1 any more.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Working on:
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- Did some reviews.