User Services/Sync/Debug Sync
Often it's helpful to provide diagnostic log data in bugs to help a developer fix an issue. Here are some tips:
- goto about:config
- In the filter field type 'sync.log'
- Context click on pref and set it as:
- services.sync.log.appender.file.logOnSuccess to True
- services.sync.log.logger.engine.bookmarks to Trace
- In Firefox, go here: about:sync-log
- You should see Success and Error logs. You can click to open, often you will want to upload this to your bug.
You can also open the console to view errors: Tools > Web Developer > Web Console
How to force reauthentication
When you reset password this will cause all other devices to reauthenticate. To force that, edit this file:
<profile location  >/signedInUser.json
and delete some characters from the sessionToken value:
 Profile locations
Windows XP / 2000 / Vista / 7 %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\signedInUser.json Linux ~/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/signedInUser.json Mac OS X ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/signedInUser.json
These instructions are for advanced users only - unfortunately there are no simpler instructions which are approachable for general users.
- Install Android Debugging Tools - the location of this changes over time, installing Android Studio seems the easiest cross-platform way or xda-developers has instructions for each desktop platform
- Tether your device
- You also need to enable "developer mode" on your phone and authorize the device - xda-developers has some instructions for how to configure it.
- You will know you have successfully configured it when your computer can see your Android device by running, from a terminal or command prompt:
(Note that you will either need to add the directory containing
adb to your
PATH, or specify the full path to it in the command above)
- To view sync-related logging, run:
adb logcat | grep -i -E "(sync15|sync_manager|FirefoxAccount)"