This page is to track Go, No Go decision criteria for different dates of the Sync Fx29 effort.
Jan 31, 2014: Turn on FxA Sync in Nightly
If the below are done, we should feel comfortable turning on FxA Sync in Nightly.
Blog post for continuing Legacy Sync users 959849
- SUMO article at the endpoint of "Using Sync on an older Firefox?" links in desktop + Android
- Legacy Sync link using SUMO's redir URL: 959849
- Full API for FxA Auth server implemented and deployed to production
- Key web flows (login, create account, COPPA verification, email verification, password reset) implemented and deployed to production
- Login, create account, COPPA, and email verification integrated with FxA Desktop login to Sync
- Account creation and login works via native UI
- UI meets UX team approval
- SyncAdapter flow functions
- Backoffs are respected
- Escape hatch: deactivation/logout/etc. are safe and functional.
- QA signoff on full tokenserver/storageserver flow
- Operational pushbutton deployment of new nodes to AWS
- Load testing test pass of up to 50% of nightly users.
- No 3 star (highest) bugs for Fx29 milestone
- Primary flows working as expected: create, sign in, sign out, delete, forgot pw, resend pw.
- user input validation in place: char limit, case sensitive, email parsing
- transition scenarios tested in switching between current and new sync
- running on sync 1.5 cluster.