User talk:Rtanglao/Roland Unofficial FF 57 for Android Support Report
- An unofficial support work in progress always DRAFT report for Firefox for Android 57 for power users and mozilla support volunteers, NOT for "normal" :-) users, what are we missing? either edit or irc me :rolandtanglao on #sumo or email me rtanglao AT mozilla.com or slack me @roland (you can find me in #slack2). My apologies that some some of the linked documents are employee only; I wish we could be more "default by open" but not my call!
- After the end of the first 3 weeks we should do a pretty report in Google Docs with graphs!
- Also please note that we are not qualitative researchers, if you want something more scientific :-), please contact Matt Grimes of Strategy and Insights; his excellent team of qualitative and quantitative researchers can do something more formal and cool for you!
- 1 Source Documents
- 2 14 November 2017 Launch Day
- 3 15 November 2017 Day 2
- 4 16 November 2017 Day 3
- 5 17 November 2017 Day 4
- 6 18 November 2017 Day 5
- 7 19 November 2017 Day 6
- 8 20 November 2017 Day 7
- 9 14-20 November 2017 Week 1
- 10 21-27 November 2017 Week 2
- 11 28-4 December 2017 Week 3
- 12 FF57-specific Things NOT learned from SUMO
- 13 FF57-specific Things we learned from SUMO
- 14 Recurring non FF57-specific Things we learned from SUMO
- 15 Recurring things not learned from SUMO
- firefox 57 point release ridealongs for Fennec and Desktop
- SUMO Firefox 57 for Android release thread
14 November 2017 Launch Day
We rolled out Firefox 57 for Android at 10%.
"There are some folks complaining in GP about the new UI and about discontinued extensions. Nothing unexpected really." <--- abovens
15 November 2017 Day 2
- Fennec crash related to sync??!? bug 1417425 bug filed by the fab veteran Marcia Knous
16 November 2017 Day 3
17 November 2017 Day 4
18 November 2017 Day 5
19 November 2017 Day 6
20 November 2017 Day 7
14-20 November 2017 Week 1
- bug 1370915 - crash
- bug 1403787 - another crash but this one is easily fixed
- bug 1414838 - Stop button no longer appears immediately after starting a navigation
- bug 1411226 - Entries from history are appearing with a large delay (only on S*msung phones?)
21-27 November 2017 Week 2
- bug 1420886 - Signature of tracker "DoubleClick" detected in Fennec APKs (per reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org - probably google play API related i.e. not Mozilla issue but a G*ogle issue :-) ?!?! - fixed in Firefox 59 for Android
- We will probably have a Firefox 57 Quantum desktop point release with fixes for one or more of the bugs in the 57.x drivers/ride-alongs spreadsheet.
Not sure about a Firefox 57 for Android point release!Yes, there will be a Firefox for Android 57.0.1 dot release as well!
28-4 December 2017 Week 3
- darkmode / night mode - bug 1403653 - Fixed in FF58 for Android ---> White status bar may clash visually with lightweight themes <---- via kbrosnan on slack
- bug 1400508 - Statusbar text not visible in firefox 57 android on some Xiaomi devices <----- via kbrosnan on slack
FF57-specific Things NOT learned from SUMO
- bug 1420641 - fennec release 57 loads first page after launch very slowly