- Minutes from last week lost due to Etherpad EOL
- geckodriver 0.22.0 released
- Work week planning
- Intermittent failures
- [fixed] EdgeNeedsSweepUnbarrieredSlow assertions and crashes (Bug 1482029)
- [fixed] Crashes in web-platform-tests are now correctly identified (Bug 1485259)
- [needs fix] (Perma ccov) Assertion failure: m_refCount == 1 or pages_.empty() (Bug 1485985)
- [needs investigation by devs] Firefox startup hang for ASAN builds on Linux64 (Bug 1487243)
- [needs investigation] Assertions in ExecutableAllocator.cpp due to GC leaks (Bug 1486101)
- Wdspec jobs now also run on OS X \o/ (so far only a few low intermittent failures!)
- There are a couple of crashes in WdSpec which we currently cannot identify due to missing crash information (needs Bug 1490906 and Bug 1433495)
- Were lost, but now Etherpad is working.
- Can continue using this Etherpad until it does not work.
- Remember to copy minutes before closing.
geckodriver 0.22.0 released
- Problem with a change in mozprofile, because of relative paths for mozrunner’s mozprofile dependency.
- It will not be a problem when we are going to release from TaskCluster.
- I reached out to barancev and we found one regression in PointerOrigin.
- The Python tests that I ran was also fine.
- We did not reach out to the Ruby client maintainers, and they didn’t specify the duration.
- This was a regression, because duration is supposed to be optional.
- Our binary sizes are smaller on TaskCluster than from Travis.
geckodriver on ARM
- The only platform we don’t support on TC is Android (ARM).
- Yes, I talked to AutomatedTester about this last week.
- Since geckodriver is in a pre-relase state we have the option to drop ARM support before 1.0.
- We can’t do it afterwards, because we’ve committed to a certain level of stability and continuation.
- We’re also the only vendor who supports an ARM build.
- There are also more changes we need for GeckoView, but these should not block a geckodriver 1.0 release.
- What would be the next steps for releasing geckodriver from TC? Is it signing?
- Yes! :)
- Signing part is two-folded. On Windows we sign the binary, and on OS X and Linux we sign the archive
- We should let RelEng know that we have Windows builds which can be signed
- Linux is more complicated, because ....
- We have to refactor our build process to integrate it into the build process (build.rs)
- For nightly all geckodriver binaries are in the common tests package, whereby for releases we need our own packages
- Could we publish these as separate artifact/downloads?
- I would like that too.
- Packaging remains. We should get jlorenzo started on Windows signing.
- Lets remember that we do not run wdspec tests on Windows in TC yet due to problems with structured logging
- There’s four milestones to do:
- Four milestones:
- 1. Signing
- 2. Packaging
- 3. Windows tests
- 4. 1.0 release
Work week planning
- Lets start 9am in the morning
- left - end of the corridor
- * webdriver spec (lets do with David - maybe Wednesday)
- * window tracking refactoring
- * maybe signing work
- * get MINIDUMP_SAVE_PATH support in geckodriver
- * bug triaging
- Especially of Testing :: Marionette P2 and P3 bugs that block WebDriver conformance.
- Three things are fixed.
- (1) an assertion that caused WPT failure;
- (2) global sharing in Marionette caused a hang during shutdown;
- (3) ?
- m_Refcount == 1 still waiting on info from kmag.
- The biggest failure at the moment is hang on x86_64 ASAN startup.
- … also fails on mochitest, really anything where Marionette is enabled.
- wdspec tests are now enabled on WPT, but no intermittents
- Wd jobs are now split in two chunks, which will get
- I would really like to see a fix for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1433495.
- This would help getting crash dumps.
(Spoken status updates in bold.)
- geckodriver in default build (1471281)
- [wdspec] Cleanup manifest files (Bug 1488347)
- [wdspec] Modifier key not correctly set due to difference of platform name between sys.platform and capabilities (Bug 1488681)
- [wdspec] Enable Wd job on MacOS (Bug 1480342) and split them into two chunks for all platforms (Bug 1488682)
- [geckodriver] Hardening handshake checks for Marionette connections (Bug 1461608)
- [geckodriver] Regressions in Java Selenium test suite for Serde changes in geckodriver (Bug 1489141)
- [geckodriver] "Pause" action primitive should support undefined as duration (Bug 1491751)
- [marionette] Check for crashes if no connection can be established in raise_for_port() (Bug 1488820)
- [marionette] Missing focus events for element interaction when Firefox is in background (Bug 1398111)
- [marionette] Provide JSON serialisation of Window object (Bug 1274251)
- [mozprofile] Remove testing related preferences (Bug 905404)
- [Firefox] Investigated missing Symbol.iterator on Arguments in sandbox (Bug 1453057)
- [Firefox] Keep focus on Chrome window when switching to a different application with focusmanager test mode enabled (Bug 1489967)
- ato away Thursday 20th