|Date:||November 5th, 2013|
|Time:||10:00 AM Pacific|
|How to Join|
|Teleconferencing:||Room 9 798|
|IRC:||#webdev on irc.mozilla.org|
Webdev Meetings are open to the public and serve as a gathering point for anyone in the Mozilla community who is interested in Web Development and what Mozilla has been doing in it.
There is a recording of this meeting available.
What did we ship this month? Alternatively, what didn't we ship to spare the world the horror?
- (mkelly) A redesign of the Careers site just came out! Major props to @stephaniehobson for doing the frontend work!
- (erikrose) One fewer C++ tokenizer in the world, care of DXR. Also, new, more reliable clang-side inclusion finding: no more after-the-fact heuristics.
Open Source Citizenship
Any updates with our libraries or with libraries we use? Anyone looking for help with a library they maintain?
- (erikrose) django-tidings merged in jezdez's South migrations, for initializing new projects' use of tidings. Will be in an upcoming release.
- (erikrose) http://pythonhosted.org/Banyan/ is an amazing, well-documented, nice-API'd Python tree lib, with fast C backend: interval trees, self-balancing trees, sets-as-trees, and all that jazz.
- django-csp has lost its maintainer to bitly!
- (potch) updating my promises library to be a DOM Promises polyfill! https://github.com/potch/promise.js https://github.com/potch/promise.js/tree/dom-polyfill
- (mythmon) Does anyone use django-mobility anymore?
- (mkelly) QA team needs help! https://quality.mozilla.org/2013/10/qa-taskboard-development-call-for-participation/
- (laura) Contribute team, ditto: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Blackhole
- (potch) Friday Hackternoon - mozilla.github.io!
New Hires / Interns / Volunteers
Anyone new that we want to induct into the secret order?
- John Karahalis, openjck - transitioning from Project Management to Front-end dev on MDN
The Bikeshed / Roundtable
Anything else to talk about?
- Whatsdeployed - Or shall we completely abandon all hope in Stackato?
- New version of Stackato coming up: moving from 2.6.7 to 2.10.6 http://docs.stackato.com/reference/release-notes.html
- Playdoh-lib - replace with a requirements script or slim down gradually?
- (erikrose) Slow file writes on Vagrant under OS X. Turned out to be a combination of NFS and, apparently, the 10.8.5 upgrade. Removed NFS from DXR's Vagrantfile so others don't suffer my fate.
- npm registry downtime - what to do?
- (erikrose) Shiva doesn't quite exist yet, but we've been talking so much about deployment that it's time to mention it before somebody else starts over from scratch. Will probably spend Friday Hackternoon on it.