|Date:||January 6th, 2014|
|Time:||10:00 AM Pacific|
|How to Join|
|Teleconferencing:||Room 9 798|
|IRC:||#webdev on irc.mozilla.org|
Webdev Extravaganzas are open to the public and serve as a gathering point for anyone in the Mozilla community who is interested in web development and what Mozilla has been doing in it.
The meeting will be streamed and recorded on Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/webdev-extravaganza-january-2015/
A blog post summarizing the event is available: http://blog.mozilla.org/webdev/2015/01/09/webdev-extravaganza-january-2015/
What did we ship this month? Alternatively, what didn't we ship to spare the world the horror?
- (peterbe) Socorro abandoned HBase (our own cluster) for AWS S3 to store all crashes
- (note: peterbe had nothing to do with this work but proud of his colleagues)
- (Osmose) Fundraising snippets on about:home of all kinds, in cooperation with Mofo (thecount, andreawood, gvn, and more!)
- (craigcook) Recent mozilla.org stuff:
- Panasonic is selling TVs with Firefox OS built in. We made a snazzy landing page for the unveiling at CES. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/os/devices/tv/ (props to sgarrity)
- Hello was quietly released with Fx34 but will get more fanfare in Fx35, including a snazzy new product page (not actually shipped yet but very nearly almost done) https://www-demo2.allizom.org/en-US/firefox/hello/ (props to jpetto)
- (craigcook) Migrated quality.mozilla.org (QMO) to our single shared WordPress instance (formerly a standalone blog) with a new theme. https://quality.mozilla.org (props to pragmatic)
- (erikrose) peep 2.0 shipped!
- (peterbe, not on vidyo due to broadband) ALL archived videos on air.mozilla.org have been extracted into 10-20 JPEGs to be used as icons instead of uploaded logos.
- see https://air.mozilla.org/unpicked-pictures/ (must be logged in)
- (erikrose) You can add things to Firefox's context menu.
Any updates with our libraries or with libraries we use? Anyone looking for help with a library they maintain?
- (willkg) (unspoken update) I stepped down as maintainer of ElasticUtils and deprecated the project. If you're using it, consider switching to elasticsearch-dsl (http://elasticsearch-dsl.readthedocs.org/en/latest/). We hang out on #elasticsearch on irc.mozilla.org if you want to drop by and talk about it.
- (irc nick) Topic
New Hires / Interns / Volunteers / Contributors
Anyone new that we want to induct into the secret order? Paid, unpaid, contract, doesn't matter!
- (irc nick of new person) New Person
Anything else to talk about?
- (irc nick) Topic
- (jgmize) Devops Extravaganza?
- (lonnen) minor reorg - r1cky now a full time engineer, r1cky and crew report to lonnen now