|Date:||May 5th, 2015|
|Time:||10:00 AM Pacific|
|How to Join|
|Teleconferencing:||Room 9 798|
|IRC:||#webdev on irc.mozilla.org|
Webdev Extravaganzas are open to the public and serve as a gathering point for anyone in the Mozilla community who is interested in web development and what Mozilla has been doing in it.
The meeting will be streamed and recorded on Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/webdev-extravaganza-may-2015/
What did we ship this month? Alternatively, what didn't we ship to spare the world the horror?
- (ErikRose) DXR w/elasticsearch is staged! This is the culmination of almost a year of work, bringing faster search, parallel indexing, multi-programming-language support, and an entirely plugin-driven back end. Have a language you want to analyze? Here's how to write a plugin.
- (jgmize) bedrock no longer dependent on funfactory or vendor submodules
- using peep to install dependencies in production
Any updates with our libraries or with libraries we use? Anyone looking for help with a library they maintain?
- (Osmose) django-browserid 1.0 released!
- (ErikRose) pyelasticsearch 1.2.3 is out. Fixes a bug in which specifying _all as an index name sometimes caused doctype names to be treated as index names. Makes delete_all_indexes() work.
- (ErikRose) Peep 2.3 and 2.4 and 2.4.1
- edmorley is a contrib
- pip 6.1.x compat
- Travis now runs tox
- Support for pip command-line flags within requirements.txt files, e.g. alternative indices
- flake8-happy, so you can embed
- (ErikRose) django-tidings is now in the Mozilla GitHub org. Added jezdez as a maintainer.
New Hires / Interns / Volunteers / Contributors
Anyone new that we want to induct into the secret order? Paid, unpaid, contract, doesn't matter!
- (irc nick of new person) New Person
Anything else to talk about?
- (ErikRose) I think I've finally figured out how to avoid Jenkins
vagrant sshhangups during long tasks.
- Jeff Griffiths - Firefox Developer Edition 40