Those who call themselves Webdev are required by the unwritten, age-old rules of the trade to have watched, at the bare minimum, the following motion pictures. Not having watched a particular item on this list will result in raised eyebrows and must be remedied immediately.
- The Big Lebowski
- For its quotability and to develop a healthy appreciation of White Russians.
- Boondock Saints
- Code Rush (available online)
- The 1998 documentary about Netscape and the first release of Mozilla as an open source project.
- Fight Club
- Office Space
- For its ironic view of the software trade and corporate office culture in general.
- Pirates of Silicon Valley
- Bill Gates quote near the end of the film is killer -- you'll know it when you hear it
- Pulp Fiction
- Blazing Saddles
- "freak gasoline fight accident"