- Understand which new markets, languages, locales are our priority in the short and medium term. Gain wisdom from our Mozilla Japan colleagues.
- Plan and process for evaluating the quality of our localized sites. User testing with l10n focus.
- Plan, technical strategy and prototype for right-to-left (RTL) locales.
- Bugzilla component: Localization
- Owners: Humph, Ali
- Key Tasks
- Right-to-Left Planning -- (Tues AM) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=965406
- Prioritize Languages/Locales https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=965412
- Webmaker and Japan https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=965416
- Localization User Testing https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=965417
- Community Managment of our Transifex community. Do we need to do anything? How should we share the management of this beyond Ali?
- Post Work Week Priorities (individual tasks that could be done or put off):
- Make language setting per-user vs. per-site (user setting, per session, ???)
- UX for MakeAPI for localized searches
- Localized Emails, especially auto-generated
- Site banner/CTA to indicate lang/locale is not complete, and links to help translate, etc.
- Automation to auto-upload translation files to Transifex when something changes in en-US
- Can we co-ordinate with MDN for details we share with them (e.g., HTML and CSS info in Goggles/Thimble)?
- Locale file info in healthcheck, to show how recently l10n translations where downloaded
- Improve L10N Responsiveness of our Tools: we need to audit for things like widths/height. We've fixed in webmaker.org, but missed a lot in our tools.
- Localization of Teaching Kits and other Makes. We don't have any automated/Transifex way of doing this now.
- Need to educate people on using Tutorials vs. inline HTML comments in Thimble--this makes localization much easier.
- Prompt users for locale on publish
- Display appropriate locales on Webmaker.org locale (ie pt-br content on webmaker.org/pt-br/)
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);