|Event Platform Roadmap|
|Owner: Michelle Thorne, Ben Simon||Updated: 2012-03-21|
|We're building an online event platform to track, create, import, and sign up for Mozilla webmaker events.|
About this project
- The project in 5 sentences:
- Events are a major participation and community engine of Mozilla's webmaker efforts.
- We need a place to track webmaker events worldwide.
- That enables users to learn about, create, import, sign up for, and leave feedback about events.
- The site should allow for communication among organizers, participants, and staff.
- And it should be dead-simple to use.
Uses Supported by v1.0
- See on Front Page --> Click through --> Know what the event is from description --> RSVP (can message hosts) --> Share
- Search based on type/geography --> View results by Date/Distance --> Pick event --> Know what the event is from description --> RSVP (can msg hosts) --> Share
Desired additional feature: Search event based on keyword in description
- Learn about event types --> Pick Type --> Fill in details --> Publish --> Recruit
- Agenda design can either happen at "Learn about event types" stage or after "Publish"
Desired additional feature: duplicate past events & address all previous attendees of your events at once
Submit existing Event
- External event exists --> Provide us with url, event type, date/time, location, description, your email --> Event is published to our calendar
Report Back (participant)
- Receive email from Mozilla (or event host) --> Fill out feedback form & share on gallery --> Prompt to host/attend something else in future
Report back (organizer)
- Receive email from Mozilla --> Fill out feedback form & share on gallery --> Prompt to host/attend something else in future
- Agenda maker (Michelle Thorne)
- Logistical How-To's (Laura Hilliger)
- Secure a domain (MT + Ross + BS)
- Migrate to make.mozilla if/when possible
- /Events pages design + coding (Dev + Design + BS + MT)
- BSD Skinning/Integration (Dev + Design + BS + BSD)
- Activate Event Module in BSD
- Event creation user path
- Event discovery user path
- Legal & privacy reviews (BS)
- Teams test event platform, agendas, and how tos.
- Kitchen Table:
- Call for staff, Aspiration, & high-level community members to try out with our sample agenda & curriculum and report back to us
- Hackasaurus Jams Warsaw (March 8)
- Popcorn Jam London (March 25)
- Popcorn Jam Cannes (March 29)
- PopUp: LA?, Pittsburgh?
- Kitchen Table:
Beta Testing: April
- External event submission form (Web Dev)
- /events design & coding cont. (Dev + Design + BS + MT)
- BSD cont. (Dev + Design + BS + BSD)
- Report back flow & copy
- Legal & privacy reviews cont. (BS)
- Testing cont.
- Hack Jam
- Popcorn Jam Berlin (April 22)
- Popcorn Jam Lüneberg (April 29).
- Hacks/Hackers Buenos Aires (April 22)
- Pop Up:
- Hack Jam
Launch 1.0 + Summer Campaign Announcement: May
- Summer Campaign Roadmap
- Prominent info about campaign.
- Display partners and planned events so far.
- Sign up page for campaign partners.
- Campaign "Create event" page for organizers.
- Event sign up pages for participants. "Participate"
- Photos from past events.
- Show campaign video
Day of Action: June
- Display lots & lots of event pins on a map of the world
- Display gallery of event pics and screenshots of hacks
- Prompt participants & organizers for feedback via BSD
Summer cont: July-August
- Display info about upcoming end-of-summer events
- Display info about feedback, what we made, what we learned, what next
- Migrate to make.mozilla.org/events if ready
Festival: September - November
- Roll over /events to focus primarily on the festival