< Websites | Mozilla.org | Archive | Causes
This page has been archived and its contents may be out of date.
- The effectiveness of the Internet as a public resource depends upon interoperability, innovation and decentralized participation worldwide. - Mozilla Manifesto
Mozilla Research is a collaborative effort to explore long term, end-to-end systems challenges that will define the open web of the future. Examples include:
- VM performance and security
- Open video and multimedia formats
- Better Public Key Infrastructure
- Web application security
- Security and user interface
- Better transport protocols
The idea is not to target products, but rather the challenges the whole web will face in 1 – 4 years. Mozilla Research is a virtual organization where bright minds can share ideas, experiments and code.
- Mozilla Research homepage
- Open Web Journal
- Active Mozilla Research projects