The following are notes and rules on running meetings for website development.
If we spend more time in meetings, we will spend less time building websites.
Running a Meeting
- A driver has been identified for each stage of the development process.
- Driver calls the meeting.
- Driver prepares agenda and distributes before the meeting.
- Agenda and meeting template are published on the public wiki.
- Driver designates a Scribe to document action items declared during the meeting.
- Driver commences meeting at the designated start time.
- Driver ends meeting if Deciders are not present within 5 minutes of designated start time.
- Driver reschedules meeting if attendees come unprepared.
- Driver announces meeting purpose and agenda upon commencement.
- Driver puts a link to the project wiki/agenda is in all meeting invites.
- Driver announces firm meeting end time upon commencement.
- If the meeting starts at 9:00am and has an allotted time of 1 hour, the meeting will end firmly at 9:55am.
- Driver calls meeting at or before pre-announced end time.
- Scribe records action items in meeting notes.
- Driver always thanks people for their participation.