- 1:00pm PST (21:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 879 4799 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
Fx/TB 220.127.116.11 + Fx 18.104.22.168
- Nominations deadline was last Friday, 1/5
- Code Freeze scheduled for Thursday, 1/18
- Still have about 60 bugs that need patches, so we need to make sure to get some traction on those or they will be at risk for missing the release.
- Already have over 100 bugs fixed.
- Need to check bug lists to make sure we are in good shape with the Vista bugs we hope to fix in this release.
- Tentative release date set for Thursday, 2/1 (following the release of MS Vista)
- Started bug verifications last week
- Will be focusing a lot of testing around Vista bug fixes
- Adding extra checks to build automation/verification to catch a few issues discovered with past couple of releases (bouncer checks, permissions verification, etc)
- No Updates For Today
- Firefox 1.5->2.0 Updates
- AMS up and running
- cvs-mirror.nl.mozilla.com and cvs-mirror.sj.mozilla.com
- More coming...vmware, static content, etc
- Bugzilla upgrade was done
- Load balancer troubleshooting tonight - no outage expected
- Supporting build with stage migration
- CVS CLOBBER File support is finally available; it allows developers to clobber tinderbox builds. See CLOBBER file instructions for details
- We're working with IT to get tier 1 Tinderboxen into the on-call support infrastructure; we'll have more details on this shortly.
- As part of the stage migration, which is ongoing, we'll be getting every project its own ssh keys to upload builds to stage; we'll coordinate with everyone so there are minimal outages, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
- Couple of process changes for 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199
- As of Firefox 188.8.131.52, we signed all .exes and .dlls (with a couple of exceptions); this was not done for 184.108.40.206. We'll be doing this for 220.127.116.11 and continue to do it in 18.104.22.168 and future releases.
- We will start doing version bumps on the _MINIBRANCH, so nightlies will always have a "pre" extension to the version number, and release candidates will always have actual version numbers
- Test Execution
- Testing a partner extension we hope to release this week [Tony, Tim, Tracy]
- Performing triage and bug fix verification for FFx 22.214.171.124 and FFx 126.96.36.199 [Jay, Juan, many others]
- We are continuing focused Vista testing for 2.0.0.x. We organized a corp of community testers that is really helping out! [Marcia]
- Test Development
- Completed the port of eggplant automated smoke tests to FFx 2. this is for all three platforms! [Tracy]
- Continuing work on Tp2 performance test tool. Changed the python framework to use tp2 cycler (using iframes instead of window.open). We attempted to run baseline performance runs for 1.9 which resulted in crashes. A tightening of the single origin rule in trunk caused the cycler to no longer function. This works fine on 1.8.0 and 1.8.1 [Alice]
- Test Infrastructure
- We have the test buildbot VMs mostly setup. There was a problem where the windowing system was not setup due to a mis-understanding. This is being corrected. [robcee]
- Litmus: got Selenium tests written to cover manage testgroups and manage test runs. Worked on bug 321388for new index page to contain active test run summary and What is Litmus? text
- Working with Seneca College student, David Hamp-Gonsalvez, to extend Buggy Bar into a more general purpose community oriented test tool that would serve up litmus tests. [robcee]
- Planning a test case development test day on Fri (Jan 12th). Setting up the webpages and info to help people know where to start with test development. See our community page [Tony, Marcia, Tracy and others]
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Wrapping up Firefox marketing planning for 2007 -- Japan team in Mtn. View this week. Need to meet with Mozilla Europe team and get their input before finalizing plans.
- Prepping for Thunderbird 2 launch in February
- Ongoing web site projects: start page updates and content development for partner programs
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Public preview was released. See blog post for details.
- Response was mixed, for the most part (it's an alpha after all) but we are excited about l10n and so was the community.
- We are continuing work on l10n and working towards a beta at the end of January.
- Currently supporting 5 languages on the alpha preview (and more as they come in)
- Patched bounce script and db to improve query performance, but this did not fix the problem which appears to be a memory leak (never seen this before w/ a PHP app). Will work on it more this week.