- 1:00pm PST (21:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 879 4799 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
Fx/TB 220.127.116.11 + Fx 18.104.22.168
- Release schedule adjusted due to Major Update push
- Code Freeze pushed out to Thur. 1/25 to get the remaining Vista/update bugs checked in.
- New release date tentatively set for mid-Feb (about 1-2 weeks after major update for 1.5.0.x -> 22.214.171.124)
- Major Update scheduled to go out soon, dates TBD at meeting Mon. 1/22.
- QA wrapping up testing
- l10n work for update messages and EULA should be completed by Tue. 1/23
- Thunderbird beta 2 should be released Tuesday or Wednesday of this week!
- Beta 2 will include l10n builds and en-US automatic software update from beta 1.
- Over 100,000 downloads of beta 1
- Lots of good feedback on beta 1 coming in: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=499012
- Added section to Product Plan for systems requirements and platform support
- Added section to Product Plan for locales list
- AMS moz.com/org & geo-loadbalanced cvs will be online for testing this week
- Webtools migration this week
- Telco fixes - new numbers will be posted to teleconferencing page
- Test Execution
- FFx 126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52
- Wrapping up triage and managing the landing of patches (jay)
- Verifying bug fixes (jay, juan, all)
- Major/Minor update testing (jay, juan)
- TBird 2 Beta 2 testing
- Testing RC1 for this milestone. (marcia, tomcat)
- FFx 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11
- Test Development
- Places Performance testing - Alice is working with deitrich on interesting profiles to test with (alice)
- Starting to plan strategy for testing FF3 and assigning QA engineers to new features (tchung, timr, marcia)
- Added new JS test cases (bc)
- Tools and Infrastructure
- Performance (alice)
- Cleaned up graph server code and submitted a graph server patch, that covers the extensions, for review
- Tp2 execution script now runs tests on 1.8, 1.8.0 and 1.9
- Litmus (coop, zach)
- Conducting a survey of test suites and test harnesses. The purpose is to understand what tests were available for regression testing FF3, to produce some helpful information for developers looking for which harness to use, and eventually consolidate the set of harnesses to a smaller set of core recommended harnesses. (ray)
- Performance (alice)
- Bug day help on Tues Jan 16 (tracy, tomcat)
- Test day held on Fri Jay 19th. This was focused on Tbird 2 B2 (marcia, tomcat, all)
- We are trying to double the number of bug day and test day participants in the next 6 months
- Rolled out early version of QMO to the QA team. This is the new community testing portal.
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- We met with the Mozilla Japan and Mozilla Europe marketing teams the week before last to review 2007 marketing planning and to figure out opportunities for us to collaborate on initiatives together this year.
- Mary has handed off the Thunderbird 2 marketing content to Pascal for web l10n in support of the TB2 launch. We're also working on PR outreach for TB2.
- We're almost ready for testing of an updated design for the Mozilla Labs blog -- this should be available on a staging server by next week.
- jresig did a presentation on Firebug (and jQuery, natch) at a Mashupcamp in Cambridge last week, was very well-received. See pictures here and here!
- sheppy has put the remaining developer documentation on www.mozilla.org On Notice, and will be working to get everything else moved to MDC (or removed entirely, as obsolescence demands).
- mfinkle and jresig making good progress on FUEL; shaver and mconnor debating appropriate tree location for it
- wanted: PHP wizard with the patience of a saint to help us get MDC migrated to a new version of Mediawiki, a new version of PHP, a new revision control setup, and a new skin -- all this quarter!
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- new remora preview pushed with many fixes from user feedback
- now in Spanish as well!
- working with Silverorange on some design touchups
- in the last cycle before beta (sandbox and some rss cleanups)
- lots of little stuff to do (including some hard decisions on multi-app support)
- got two extra boxes from IT to perform load testing of new site
- removed all Conduit-based add-ons from AMO the week before last, due to incompatibility with the policies and aims of AMO
- want to revise the Recommended List along with the Remora launch in early Feb
- working on some press outreach with A&R around the whole add-ons space, and the site re-launch
Mozilla-Europe's migrated CMS:
- Will be ready for testing this week.
- Patch for Bouncer2 "bounce script", working on second round of load testing this week (using more nodes, same machines as AMO testing)
- Pushing config patch for AUS from bug 364628