- 1:00pm PDT (20:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 879 4799 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
Fx/TB 220.127.116.11 + Fx 18.104.22.168
- We made our code freeze for TB2 last week. Still taking some minor l10n improvements and other low risk high reward changes until we have cycles for tagging and spinning up release candidates.
- Thanks to everyone who participated in the "RC" community test day on Friday! We hope to do another one next Friday.
- Need l10n owner signoffs for thunderbird 2 locales: 
Weekly Gecko 1.9 meetings are continuing on Wednesdays.
We're having weekly meetings on the cycle collector on Fridays.
- Meeting notes for Firefox 3 are here. If you are working on Firefox 3 please either drop into the meetings or post to dev.apps.firefox newsgroup.
- airbag/breakpad discussions, working to support initial server specs
- DST fixes
- build support
- taking tickets now for level 1 support
- adding 6x machines
- upgrading vmware and adding memory
- mxr migration
- only positive feedback - looking to migrate soon (tbd)
- looking for more feedback
- AMO - supporting the team, releasing soon
- Sean started today - office/desktop support
- IT first level support of Tinderboxen going well; we had a few bugs filed last week, and the process worked well.
- The QA unit testing boxen needed a clobber this weekend, which ended up closing the tree. This unit testing tinderbox is not actually a tinderbox; it's a BuildBot reporting into Tinderbox. As such, it doesn't listen to any of the Build:ClobberingATinderbox support, nor is it part of the IT Oncall support infrastructure. We're working on fixing that. Original bug was 373510.
- Coop has gotten SeaMonkey building from the new Macs in the community giving network; just a reminder that pawn, binus, boxset, hilo will be turned off at the end of April; replacement hardware is available in the colo.
- The Free Software builds have returned; details in my blog post. They are en-US only and do not have updates published. One issue is that Mac builds aren't available, due to bugs in the UB packaging; this is bug 372859.
- Test execution
- The Eggplant automated smoke tests caught their first regression bug, bug 373181 [tracy]
- 15011/2003 - Wrapping up smoke tests, BFTs and L10n tests [juanb, tomcat, others]
- l10n spot checks and updates next day
- We are still on schedule for a Thursday release
- Thunderbird 2 testing. Uncovered the stop ship bug 373403 on Vista [marcia, others]
- Testing of partner distributions [tchung, tracy, tomcat, juanb, timr]
- Test Development
- Created a new and improved branding checker test. Here is an early version of the results [alice]
- FF3 test planning. Setting up the list of key new features, rough effort, and name os QA engineer that will be covering the feature. [tchung]
- Test Tools and Infrastructure
- tracking down an intermittent problem that seems to be related to a failure seen with the buildbot testing infrastructure. See bug 372960 [robcee]
- Breakpad: Working with bsmedberg regarding reporting requirements to help dev team. Started planning work to update crash reports for Breakpad. [jay]
- Had a very successful test day on Friday March 9th. Also see the results page. We had 13 active testers. which is about double the normal numbers. The theme was testing critical bugs for Firefox 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199. [jay, all]
- Updated Mozilla QA Community wiki page. Rearranged sections for better viewing. Added Growing the Mozilla QA Community for tracking ideas and progress with that initiative. [jay]
- Bug day Tues March 6th. This was fairly quite. [tracy]
Product Management and Marketing Updates
Working with international teams in Taiwan, Russia, and Italy as we build out better community support systems and try to define the path to Affiliate status.
SFX moving to Drupal 5 and adding Organic Groups for self-starting project tools.
Rhian and others at SXSW in Austin.
Planet Mozilla under new management. See the Planet Mozilla Blog and m.governance for more info.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
wenzel's last week with us, thank him if you see him. :)
- AMO v1 was locked down, review queue emptied out
- Database was migrated last Tuesday
- Community has been testing and using the new developer control panel
- Lots of good feedback so far
- We are merging bug fixes based on feedback into preview -- we don't plan a conventional freeze before Thursday as there are no widescale changes being made, just higher level changes based on feedback.
- If you'd like to "play" with the tools, please visit the stage server.
- Deployment will happen on March 15th as planned, pending availability/approval of IT
- oremj ran some load tests, memory issue and load issue on DB have been fixed
- oremj also rewrote the main bounce script in Python but improvements weren't astronomical so we'll stick with PHP for now
- Introduced to socorro, breakpad implementation, working with bsmedberg and team -- thanks to rsayre for getting morgamic up to speed
- More on reporter and documentation for IT this week
- Looked at config sync with bootstrap, more on that this week -- see bug 366973
- clouserw worked on CMS
- Vlad: update on GDC
- Lots of Firefox recognition and interest
- Interest in 3D on the web
- Interesting tech for debugging & potential gfx accel
- Will Mozilla be represented on the new W3C HTML WG? If so, how?