- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
Use "*1" (including the star) to mute yourself if desired, to keep phone noise down.
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
- Release pushed out due to the number of open blockers, 39.
- Code freeze date was supposed to be 4/20, but will be extended for the same reason (some time this week).
- Thunderbird 2 was released last Wednesday!
- Closing in on one million downloads of Thunderbird 2 since the launch.
- Thanks to everyone who helped with the final push including Nick, Marcia, Mary, Carsten, Rob Helmer, Preed, Reed, morgamic, clouserw, Justin and Steven Garrity!
- Various features are in progress for delivery with Alpha 4 - details appear on the Fx 3 Schedule
- Alpha 4 scheduled for week of Apr 30th
- Current Firefox team status
- Bugzilla has a booth in the DotOrg pavilion at MySQLConf this week. Stop by and visit if you're attending the conference. We're also short-staffed at the booth due to travel issues, if you're familiar with Bugzilla and can help us out, talk to Dave Miller. We have two exhibit hall passes available still.
- Quiet week - app cluster issues largely resolved, no Nagios alerts!
- QA performance testing Mac OSX machines, online.
- CVS memory upgrade/fix completed.
- Build VMWare infrastructure - working on a migration plan with Build, targetting May 4.
- The Great Automation Push of 2007 is still ongoing; we're all madly working on that.
- We'll be branching the Tinderbox client code for some destabilizing changes for the 1.9 branch; this will involve moving the tinderboxen over, but other projects pulling tinderbox client may want to switch to this branch. We'll publish the branch name on the newsgroups and blog about it when we create the branch for this work.
- Working with IT on moving a bunch of VMs around; we'll be having outage windows over the next two weeks to move VMs around. Unfortunately, this will affect all Tinderboxen, so there will be some pain now, but the benefit is when we're done, we should be able to move running VMs around without any downtime.
- Test Execution
- Completed final testing and release of Thunderbird 2 . Monitored feedback on forums after release (hendrix, mozillazine, bugzilla). There will be a postmortem Monday afternoon. [marcia, tomcat, juanb, jay, timr, others]
- 15012/2004 Bug triage [juanb]
- Daily trunk testing to monitor the stability of Gecko 1.9/FFx3 [tracy, tomcat]
- Test Development
- new tp/ts running consistently and reporting to graphs.mozilla.org [alice]
- Cleaning up litmus test cases for FFx2/FFx3 [marcia, tracy]
- Developing I10n/Partner automated parameter verification tools. l10n search plugin verification test now checking up to rank 6. Working on hooking the search engine verifier, code named Minotaur, in to the buildbot testing infrastructure. [alice]
- Used a script from Mats Palmgren in Martijns fuzzing tool. It tests certain accessibility aspects. Found some crashes with it, and can probably find a lot of other crashes, but for now, we're waiting on bug 357583 to be fixed. [martijn]
- Test Infrastructure
- Buildbot test infrasatructure: Fixed frozen WinXP Buildbot once-and-for-all. Added a minor change to the winxp buildbot to kill any running firefox processes on next cycle. Called it TinderboxShellCommand because the process runs it and doesn't care. a=rhelmer, preed. Converted Alice's performance profiling toolkit to something that can be used to generate performance numbers with a given profile, reports results to console. [robcee]
- Litmus: Landed all Litmus test run code during maintenance window Tuesday night. Worked on admin tutorial. Discussed with QA team about when/how to clone Fx2.0 testcases in advance of Fx3. Fixed: bug 370212: add links to allow admin users to jump into test runs in progress and bug 377230: get staging server setup
- Talkback: Fixed sql injection bug 323990 in Talkback query tool. Still working on performance issues due to security fix. Fixed broken queries regression bug 377846
- Continued work on QMO: Finished creative brief outlines for QMO logo and website, passed on to John Slater for finding designers to work on logo (website to follow). Wrote up QMO Planning doc to track work for alphas and beta release. Hope to have basic site configured and ready for alpha in the next couple of weeks (blog, stories, calendar for test/bug days... other features pushed out for future development). [jay]
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- planning for Paris (June 23) and Tokyo (June 16) devdays starting in earnest this week, watch the wiki and planet.m.o for updates!
- John spoke at Yahoo and Web 2.0 Expo last week, video available for Yahoo: part 1 and part 2
- FUEL 0.1 landing on the trunk as soon as the tree is green
- XUL Explorer landing in SVN once Mark figures out how to use ssh and svn
- MDC migration to mediawiki 1.9 teetering on the brink of success now that the nutch extension has been ported, will see that switch thrown this week with a bit of luck
- working on Q2 plan for developer relations, we'll be posting about that on a wiki or some similar place this week
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
morgamic at 1pm vet appt, clouserw will talk.
- WMP support for PFS is out
- lots of bug fixes, will be pushed to production this week
- Moved Bouncer class into its own step
- Finishing up DB queries and downloadables insertion
- Checked in draft schema and talked to DBA
- load testing w/ partitioning this week
- Q1/Q2 goals discussions