« previous week | index | next week »
- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 9, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Friends of the Tree
Mike Morgan writes in "I nominate Nelson Ko, who works on SUMO. He has been key in getting SUMO localized and has worked hard to make sure his changes get absorbed by the TikiWiki community."
Fx 188.8.131.52 / TB 184.108.40.206
Three respins later... Firefox 220.127.116.11 RC4 was sent to the beta channel today at 11:30. We plan to release to all users later this week.
Last Thursday, we met and scheduled Thunderbird 18.104.22.168. The goal is to release on February 28.
As always, our schedule is on the wiki: Releases/Firefox_22.214.171.124 & Releases/Thunderbird_126.96.36.199
- Spent the past week polishing up beta 3
- over 1100 bugs closed between beta 2 and beta 3 -- way to go, team!
- new "bake for a week" strategy on beta builds has been working well
- as soon as no beta 3 blockers remain, we'll tag for builds
- expect to re-open the tree tonight
- patches on bugs marked blocking-firefox3+ or blocking1.9+ can land
- any other patches need explicit approval1.9+ to land
- string freeze in effect: any patches that change strings need explicit approval1.9+ to land and must be marked with the "late-l10n" keyword
- please mark any bugs that affect add-on compatibility with the "late-compat" keyword
- will discuss schedule/process for beta 4 at the next Firefox 3/Gecko 1.9 meeting
- Buildbot, Talos, and Tinderbox tier one support comes through IT, please file tickets at here
- Brought up to mirrors hosted by ISC - both are in releases.mozilla.org and bouncer, currently pushing over 300mb/s of download traffic - thanks to ISC!
- FF188.8.131.52 out on beta
- FF3.0beta3 - waiting for a "go"
- tinderbox perf tests being migrated, see blog for details.
- bug triage - p1/p2/p3
Firefox 184.108.40.206 [Project Lead - ss, QA Lead - abillings]
- Completed the general testing for this release. This included bug verification, smoke testing, locale testing and update testing. We are awaiting the beta test to complete to move on to the live testing. Several people worked the weekend to get this beta out. [abillings, ss, stephend, juanb, tracy, jay]
- See the [Firefox:220.127.116.11:Test_Plan|Test Plan]
- Prepared and sent an email to the betatesters list concerning the availability of Firefox 18.104.22.168 RC1. Some focused testing of FF 22.214.171.124 candidate on Leopard. See results. [marcia]
Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 [Project Lead - ss]
- In the planning stages for this release. See: Rough Plan
Firefox 3 [QA lead - tchung]
- Trying to keep up with all the last minute bug fixes. Lots of regression bugs found, and tracked on the Top Critical issues page [all]
- We are eagerly awaiting the Beta 3 release from Build to QA. See Beta 3 testplan.
- Feature testing
- Following Places bug mail and dogfooded and tested around new Star dialogs [tracy]
- Filed 22 bugs, including against the Proto theme and Remora [stehend]
- Created a testplan for Breakpad [ss]
- On the A11y front, progress was made getting Firefox 3 nightlies to a good state for beta 3. [marcoz] This included:
- Places - bug 415105, bug 400703, bug 415439, bug 393509, bug 287743, bug 407359, bug 413844
- and Chatzilla - bug 404881, bug 414656, bug 414387
- Focused testing around video podcast and podcast feeds. Discovered some differences between how we are reporting podcast and video feeds. Spoke with myk melez about this and he asked me to create a list [marcia]
- Leak testing. Filed 13 more leak bugs. Working with Development to test a patch for bug 414808 ###!!! ASSERTION: Oops! You' re asking for a weak reference to an object that doesn't support that.: ' factoryPtr' [tomcat]
- Added QAX features (checked in big patch) [jay]. This was for:
- Window resizing
- Redesigned Litmus tab UI for better usability
- Improved Bugzilla tab UI
- Gathered requirements for QA automation tool the QA Tools team. We are doing preliminary investigation about a XUL level test tool to help same testing time and test UI elements more frequently. [tchung and test execution team]
- Held a brownbag A11y presentation on Wednesday of the work week, which got quite a crowd. I showed how pages are generally rendered for a11y, and also showed differences in interaction with pages (Forms Mode on Windows versus direct interaction on Linux). I also showed how one can verify HTML and XUL accessibility from within the Firefox 3 DOM Inspector. Received quite a number of follow-up questions after the session. [marcoz]
- Tested TED USB key Firefox build; ran smoke tests in Litmus for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista [jay, stephend]
- VM Maintenance continued. Finished work on x64 virtual machines in QA lab. Updated all Linux virtual machines. [abillings]
Test Development and Tools
- clobber support and documentation
- unittest staging environment
- pushed sunspider tests to staging
- changed format of the tinderbox waterfall
- leak testing
- test development
- improvements to the QA extension
- Techkriti: Awesome presentation on Add-ons by Myk Melez this a.m. to 80 students at IIT Kanpur. Thanks to mfinkle and chofmann for helping to field questions on IRC.
- FOSDEM: Our schedule is complete.
- Work is proceeding on the Mozilla.com redesign. We'll be hosting a brown bag (with a call-in #) next week to review & discuss.
- At 41% of 95% extension compatibility goal
- AMO Review queue
- 2 pending addon reviews
- 41 addons pending updates
- 67 nominated addons
- For The Record - Asa - Produced first cut for FAQ items around Firefox 3 - to be ready for Beta 3. (Coordinating with Marketing and PR to develop easily reused responses.) Working with deb to create a FTR blog. Investigating connecting a category of FTR output to Firefox Support system.
- released a minor version update to the forums that adds fifteen localizations, fixes a variety of bugs, and adds persona preview;
- working on a major version update that supports dynamic personas.
Extend Firefox 2
- Extend Firefox
- Notifying winners today
- Announcing winners this week
- Hoping to launch Extend Firefox 3 in mid-February.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Breakpad scaling for Fx3
- What the?!?!! 600,000,000 add-on downloads!
- AMO reskin work, locking down for l10n this week
- AMO API was released last week to nightly testers, fixing bugs this week
- AMO tshirt form for Fx3 compatibility push
- AUS3 migration script, should be done this week -- ran into a couple of issues last week that we're resolving
- PHP5 migration for non-AMO apps
- morgamic isn't very good at ping pong
- Grants and related activities.
- Frank worked on more grants yet to be announced (or, in some cases, approved).
- CAs and related issues
- Frank worked on the applications from GlobalSign, Digicert, SECOM Trust, and S-TRUST.
- Public communications
- David worked on improvements to www.mozilla.org, including updating the Projects page with two new Featured Mozilla-Based Applications, submitting a patch to replace the Products section with Projects (bug 325485), and coordinating with fantasai about the About page content (bug 231131 and bug 414439).
- Conferences and events
- Zak worked on preparations for several upcoming events in which the Mozilla Foundation might participate, including OSCON.
- Upcoming activities
- Frank will be attending (at least part of) the CSUN conference March 10-15 in Los Angeles CA, the Freedom to Connect conference March 31 and April 1, 2008 in Silver Spring MD, and the Berkman@10 conference May 15-16 in Boston MA.
- Zak will be speaking at the Southern California Linux Expo February 8-10, the PHP Quebec Conference March 12-14, and other events later in 2008.
For more information see the status reports from David and Frank. (Note that Frank's status reports are moving to his new blog; this is the last week for publishing status reports at the old URL.)