- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 8, 2009)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- sip:email@example.com from generic SIP clients
- http://air.mozilla.com/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
TIME CHANGE NOTICE: Daylight Saving Time (DST) begins this Sunday. New meeting time next week will be 20:00 UTC.
WeeklyUpdate Live: You can watch the weekly meetings live at Air Mozilla
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Please send FotT nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.
Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- Firefox 3.0.7
- Shipping this Wednesday, March 4
- Firefox 3.0.8
- Code freeze is March 17 at 11:59pm
- Release in mid-April
- Thunderbird 188.8.131.52
- Fixes in sync with Firefox 3.0.7
- Code complete yesterday
- Off to build
- Aiming for mid-March release
- 10 Bugs still blocking beta 3. New patches for JSON bugs on the JS list, others are making progress. We've already made the call to do another beta, and over the next 24-48 hours we're deciding which of the beta 3 blockers will move into beta 4.
- Other areas are looking pretty good to wrap up blockers soon:
- 13 final blocker bugs left in content.
- 3 GFX final blockers.
- 3 Layout final blockers.
- 2 SVG final blockers.
- JS with 46 blockers.
- Component leads are checking nom queues daily. 26 noms are in the queue right now.
- For weekly engineering meeting notes and other info see the Platform page.
- Interesting queries related to Gecko 1.9.1
- 90 1.9.1 blockers (last week: 108).
Firefox Front End Work
- Front-end blockers looking good: only 9 blockers without patches remaining, only two of which are complicated
- Team is now working on code sprints for items that could opportunistically be taken for Firefox 3.1, but will be taken on trunk. The goal is chunking work into small, rapidly achievable solutions.
Beta 3 Progress
- as per Shaver's recent message to dev-planning we're looking to close up early this week for Beta 3; if we can't get enough of the P1 blockers done, we'll be adding a fourth beta
- investigating progress on these bugs today in order to make a schedule recommendation at tomorrow's development meeting
- Shipped Thunderbird 3.0b2; please give it a try and give us feedback!
- New Mozilla Messaging site launched
- Thunderbird 3.0b3 / 3.0 scheduling underway
Beta 1 is in testing, scheduled to release by end of week.
- Unit tests on try server! Linux only right now, win32 and mac coming soon Thanks to Lukas Blakk
- FF 3.0.7 pushed to beta channel
- TB 184.108.40.206 starting today (Nick doing this one)
- New graph server being tested at http://graphs-new.mozilla.org
- Talos regression detection sending alerts to dev.tree-management
- Please Welcome Aakash Desai and Krupa Raj to the QA team!
- Fx3.0.7 shipped to beta
- TB 220.127.116.11 testing begins this week
- 119 1.9.1 branch bugs verified last week
- QA at CEbit this week [tomcat, timr]
- Worked on SpiderMonkey 1.8.0 release. Waiting on a couple of bugs to land before cutting the tag and posting the tarball
- CSS Transforms tests landed with many thanks to dholbert for his help
- The first attempt at QAC notifications has landed
- Testing Fennec Maemo Beta 1, it's looking good
- Mozmill 1.1 is almost ready to go: remaining blockers
- Mozilla.com website optimization testing:
- Running an A/B test on the Firefox download page sometime in March
- Goal is to try and improve visit to Firefox download conversion.
- Dynamic content based on visitor's browser (browser sniffing)
- More details soon at http://giantspatula.com.
- Social Actions "Change the Web Challenge" is kicking off a series of online chats. Join Zak Greant & Suneel Gupta to tomorrow to discuss the Mozilla platform and social change at 11 a.m. PST (Mar. 3rd). RSVP & details here here.
- Next Community Marketing call is this Wednesday, March 11th, at 10am PDT. Dial-in Info: +1.650.903.0800, followed by 92# and then 7391#. Or you can use our toll-free number: +1.800.707.2533, followed by 369# and then 7391#. For those that can't make the call or want to participate online, join us in #marketing on irc.mozilla.org.
- Mitchell interviewed by German newspaper FAZ
- CeBIT, Mar. 3 - 8, 2009, Hannover, Germany: Chris Hofmann, Jane Finette, Tim Riley, Tomcat and Kai Engert attending on Mozilla's behalf. Chris and Tim are both speaking.
- SxSW, March 13 - 17, 2009, Austin, Texas: Brendan Eich & Arun Rangnathan participating in browser panel again on March 16th and John Resig speaking on JS libraries on March 14th. Labs holding a get together on March 16th at 4:30 pm at the Moonshine Grill.
- Next Monday, March 9th at 10 AM PDT, we'll have a special SUMO community meeting where all SUMO contributors are encouraged to call in
- Opportunity to provide direct feedback or ask any questions about SUMO, help planning the upcoming Support Firefox Day, and much more
- If you're a SUMO community member, please call in!
- Read more in the blog post: Contributors open meeting March 9th 10 AM PDT
- Market Share
- Firefox continued to gain market share in February. Check out the full report from Net Applications.
- Abandon Installer Survey
- We're planning to implement a way for Firefox users to leave feedback (if interested) when canceling out of the Fx installer.
- Introductory blog posts: Does Installing Firefox Make a Person Feel Happy or Sad? and Improving the Experience of Installing Firefox
- Mozilla Developer Center
- Mostly minor changes to documentation this past week.
- Evaluation and discussion about the impending Lyons release of Deki is ongoing. We hope to upgrade to this a few weeks after it ships, which should be in about a month.
- Zittrain video is up on air.mozilla.org: http://air.mozilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/zittrain-2009-02-27.ogg
- Two links of note:
- Project for international website compatibility - looking for feedback
- Developer Feedback - capturing information from outside developers. If you find stuff, add it.
- 5.0.3 code freeze 3/8
- Link sharing
- week over week dashboards
- Bayesian sorting of rated add-ons
- 'About AMO' page
- Ability for editors to subscribe to add-on changes
- Q1 retrospective and Q2 planning
- Front page
- Category page redesign impl
- Revised Roadmap
- Compatibility update
- 80% of add-ons compatible with Fx3.1, up 1% from previous week
- SUMO 0.9 went live on Thursday.
- Crash Reporter Reskin shipped
- Ongoing work: Personas, Fennec mozilla.com pages, Add-ons 5.0.3
- Fennec is now on the l10n dashboard for localizers to see the status of their builds.
- Axel continues to work with RelEng on l10n build related issues
For other updates, please read the recent posts from our team members' blogs:
- The Mozilla Education planet is now live and accepting additions of blogs for people involved with education and Mozilla.
- Frank and Armen Zambrano-Gasparnian of Seneca College will be attending the Integrating FOSS into the Undergraduate Computing Curriculum symposium March 4 in Chattanooga TN on behalf of the Mozilla project. Frank will be appearing on a panel and Armen will be doing video interviews with symposium participants.
- David worked on the www.mozilla.org redesign project, including working with Mark, Sam and fantasai on a "big picture" document and other wiki planning pages, and blogging about other sites to look to as good examples.
- David will be hosting a brown bag session on the www.mozilla.org redesign on March 12 at 1pm Pacific time.
- We've started the public comment period for a CA request from ComSign (bug 420705).