- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Speakers
- 5 Status Updates By Team
- 5.1 Firefox
- 5.2 Gecko
- 5.3 Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- 5.4 Old Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- 5.5 Thunderbird
- 5.6 SeaMonkey
- 5.7 Mobile
- 5.8 IT
- 5.9 Release Engineering
- 5.10 QA
- 5.11 Development Infrastructure and Automation
- 5.12 Security
- 5.13 Marketing/PR
- 5.14 Support
- 5.15 Metrics
- 5.16 Evangelism
- 5.17 Labs
- 5.18 Developer Tools
- 5.19 Add-ons
- 5.20 Webdev
- 5.21 L10n
- 6 Introducing New Hires
- 7 Foundation Updates
- 8 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
- I nominate Tobias Markus for his work on the Mozmill project by updating all existing tests to new API calling conventions. -- Henrik Skupin
Monday, 29 March
Tuesday, 30 March
Wednesday, 31 March
Thursday, 1 April
Friday, 2 April
- Testday on Tab Matches Awesomebar! For more information, take a look at our event details page.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
| Spread Firefox Education Toolkit
|| Sarah Doherty
|| Spread Firefox Education Toolkit
|| PDF of presentation
| Twitter Experiment
|| Kadir Topal
|| The one about SUMOs outreach to users on Twitter
|| PDF of presentation
|| Experiment details|
| Google Summer of Code kickoff
|| Gerv Markham/Chris Hofmann
||A quick run-down on what Summer of Code is, how Mozilla is connected and how you can be involved. Student applications open today.||none||SoC Ideas List|
| Mozilla Labs "Contacts in the Browser" experiment
||Michael Hanson||Labs has released an experimental addon that brings personal contact information into the browser. Demo!|||
Status Updates By Team
You only get one this week - for more details watch planet firefox.
Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- Firefox 3.6.3 shipping on Friday, 4/2/2010 as a chemspill security update.
Old Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- 3.1b2/3.1 feature/string freeze intended for last Tuesday slipped
- next steps:
- get migration assistant and filter bar changes ready for feedback
- have tb2 -> tb3 test day for feedback (thursday, we hope)
- set the new freeze date
graphs.mozilla.orgissues bug 553590 memory exhaustion issues
- Pushed bug 554023 to fix issues.
- NetApp OS Upgrades - April 17
- See bug 502151 for details
- 3.6.2 short-cycled last week
- 3.5.9, 3.0.19 on track for tomorrow
- nightly updates now generated on build slaves for m-c: bug 511967
- l10n builds now get nightly updates up to 12 hours sooner
- facilitates offering updates for project branches
Planned this week
- QA All
- Complete and lock down team and individual Q2 Goals
- More interviews (phone and onsite)
- Test Execution
- Prioritize and assign for testing the following releases
- 3.6.3 security update
- Test planning for Mobile 1.1 Release.
- Web QA
- AMO 5.9 planning in progress. Planning doc is here
- QA Community
- Setup for Bug Day, Apr 6
Accomplished last week
- Test Execution
- Tested and shipped 3.6.2 one week early
- Spent Friday with rushed testing of Lorentz build (3.6.3plugin1).
- Web QA
- AMO 5.8 went live on Tuesday
- Certified SUMO 1.5.2 for Mobile and 1.5.3 for Desktop; will push those on 3/30
- QA Community
- very sucessfull meetup in Munich with ~ 40 People - gave Talk and Demos
- I would like to nominate Tobbi as friend of the tree. He did a great job last week on updating all of our Mozmill tests to the new assertJS calling convention.
- Hosted Mt.View QA meetup and presented the new features for 3.7
- Marco Zehe was able to attend the CSUN conference in San Diego even with the BA airline strikes. The conference was a hit, see Marco's blog for a recap.
- Review of new QMO mockup pages
Development Infrastructure and Automation
- We have a Purify machine for inclusion into our valgrind/purify unitesting setup. We will be attempting to integrate it this week
- HAL Reftest is now named Grafx Bot, thanks to some awesome brainstorming with our Marketing folks.
- We are working out our next set of tasks and sprints for Q2 this week
- More information is always here.
- New Mozilla Labs Project Wants to Give You Total Control Over Your Address Book
- Mozilla Contacts Imports and Auto-Fills Email Addresses in Firefox
- Mozilla Labs Seeks to Tame Your Address Book With ‘Contacts’
- Mozilla Labs builds add-on to bring address book to Firefox
- Mozilla Labs releases new Firefox Contacts add-on for web contact & browser integration
- Developer Summit - Caching - April 5, 2010; Mountain View, CA. We will have a meeting at Mozilla HQ to discuss caching in the browsers.
- ROFLCon II April 30 - May 1, 2010; Boston, MA. We have a join sponsorship with the Mozilla Foundation and will be live streaming and archiving the event with HTML5 open video.
- Processing.js Boston - April 10, 2010; Boston, MA. Looking into putting together an event with the Processing.js team.
- JSConf.US April 17-18, 2010; Washington, DC. We are sponsoring this event. We will also have Mitcho, one of our Jetpack Ambassadors conducting a Jetpack talk and putting together Jetpack hacking session in the lounge.
- e27 echelon 2010 June 1-2, 2010; Singapore. Gen will be participating in this event.
- GUADEC 2010 - July 24-30, 2010; Netherlands. We are sponsoring at the bronze level. More information to come soon.
- Open Video Conference 2010 - Looking over sponsorship opportunities.
- Mozilla t-shirt design challenge is still ongoing.
- Want to follow Firefox in the world of social media? Meet the new "stay connected" page.
- Implemented new and improved Firefox download page for IE users.
- Stay tuned for ways you can get involved with an upcoming World Cup-related project.
- Spread Firefox Education Toolkit: Today we launched the Firefox Education Toolkit so anyone can go out and teach people about Mozilla and Firefox.
- The toolkit contains everything you'll need - including a set of print pieces, videos and presentations - to conduct events, presentations, Firefox booths and more!
- The print and presentation materials are currently localized in three languages; English, Spanish and Portuguese (Brasil).
- Information on how to localize these materials will be coming soon.
- Community Marketing Call: Next call is Wednesday March 31st at 10 a.m. PST/17:00 UTC. Please send agenda items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Spotlight/Best Practices: Please help us collect case studies on all the great stuff you've done from events to marketing campaigns to design work. Please submit it here.
- Sign up for the support weekly newsletter: Sign up here!
- Experiment to reach out to more Firefox users by helping on Twitter starting this week.
- Firefox Adoption
- Released Jetpack SDK 0.2.
- Bespin Embedded 0.6.3 was released on March 26th. Notably, it fixes a bug in the "Customizable" package's dryice tool that prevented dryice from producing functional builds of Bespin.
Introducing New Hires
- Mayumi Matsuno joins the Marketing team and will work as Senior Product Marketing Manager Mozilla Labs
- Michael Verdi joins the SUMO team as Support Content Manager!
- Say hello to him in #sumo -- his IRC nickname is michaelverdi :)
- Chris Jung joins the Metrics team. Chris is a recent Stanford grad joining us as a full-time contractor dedicated to Test Pilot analysis. Check out Chris' initial blog posts.
- Extensive Mozilla Foundation status update posted as slidecast on Mark's blog: