- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Speakers
- 5 Status Updates By Team
- 5.1 Firefox
- 5.2 Gecko
- 5.3 Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- 5.4 Thunderbird
- 5.5 SeaMonkey
- 5.6 Mobile
- 5.7 IT
- 5.8 Release Engineering
- 5.9 QA
- 5.10 Automation & Tools
- 5.11 Security
- 5.12 Marketing/PR
- 5.13 Support
- 5.14 Metrics
- 5.15 Evangelism
- 5.16 Labs
- 5.17 Developer Tools
- 5.18 Add-ons
- 5.19 Webdev
- 5.20 L10n
- 6 Introducing New Hires
- 7 Foundation Updates
- 8 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
RobC writes in "I would like to nominate Philip for FotT for his prompt triaging of misfiled bugs in the Firefox::Developer Tools component in Bugzilla. He's a great help at keeping that component clean and it's appreciated."
Aakash says "I'd like to nominate Henrik Skupin for leading a great testday effort this past Friday for testing the new Addons Manager. He worked 16 **very** active hours pushing 30-40 people in channel to file 55 (!!!!) total bugs on the day; a Testday record."
Monday, 03 May
Tuesday, 04 May
Wednesday, 05 May
Thursday, 06 May
Friday, 07 May
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Tryserver 2.0||Lukas Blakk||Detailing the upcoming Try-As-Branch roll-out||slides||bug|
|Account Manager||Dan Mills||Handling website account creation and login/logout through browser UI||Hacks.mozilla.org article|
Status Updates By Team
We're still testing the version of Firefox 3.6 with plugins running out of process. Are you running the beta yet, to help us test? Awesome, thanks for your help! We knew we could count on you.
Dig that hep Planet Firefox for all the latest!
Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- New Firefox 3.6.4 builds available tomorrow
- We will be updating users who're already running 3.6.4 beta
- Please install tomorrow's build at home (http://mozilla.com/firefox/all-beta) and use it when watching hulu, videos, etc - hammer on it on Windows
- Report possible issues to me (Christian Legnitto - email@example.com) or bsmedberg
- code/string/feature frozen (this means 3.1 is also string/feature frozen)
- QA in progress; hope to ship on Wednesday
- comm-central-1.9.2 repo created
- comm-central to reopen shortly
- Tentative 3.1rc1 schedule proposed
- Folks onsite in Phoenix installing new Weave cluster.
- Mountain View Office Internet Connectivity issues (bug 555794)
- Have increased bandwidth through WiLine
- Seeing some sporadic issues and are planning on upgrading the IPSEC VPN endpoint in San Jose.
- Fedora oranges
- unhidden xpcshell for Fedora unit tests
- provided loaning system for Devs to bring Fedora oranges count down
- gtk2 update deployed to all Fedora testing machines - bug 558521
- QA Highlites
- Rebecca Billings will start in WebQA on May 10
- Tanay Gavankar, WebQA start May 17
- Ayan Shah, Browser Technologies, start May 10
- Desktop Firefox QA
- 3.6.4 beta build 2 delayed to Monday. We will determine what testing will be conducted for release.
- Prepare for 3.5.10 release next week.
- Mobile QA
- Fennec 1.1 beta 1 shipped.
- Weave 1.3
- shipped 1.3 beta 3 on Friday.
- prepare for functional and load testing of 1.3 May 6-12.
- Web QA
- Certified SUMO 1.5.4 and 2.0
- AMO 5.10 testing in progress. Filed 67 bugs so far in 5.10
- QA Services
Automation & Tools
- Got real hardware for addon perf numbers, setting up this week
- Started final implementation for mozmill and buildbot integration
- Got flahsing/rooting working on Droid phones for Android development
- Preliminary Crash automation UI
Sid presented Content Security Policy at the 2010 International World Wide Web Conference last Wednesday, and it was well received. A few attendees were interested in using it on their sites, and at least one other paper presentation suggested using CSP to supplement their system.
The published paper is here.
The slides for the talk are here.
- Firefox Mobile gets started on Android
- Why Mozilla Wants the Fennec Browser on Android (and What It Looks Like)
- Mozilla offers early version of Fennec for Android
- It's Here! Fennec for Android
- Can Mozilla be bigger than Facebook?
- Mozilla Contacts Adds Facebook and Yahoo Import, Address Bar Searches
- Mozilla Contacts Releases Facebook-Integrated Version with New "Person URLs"
- Mozilla Gets It Right, Moves Identity Management Into Firefox
- Account Manager Signs You Into and Out of Web Sites Directly in Firefox
- Built-in Account Manager coming to Firefox, heralds a new age of security and convenience
- Firefox to gain Account Manager
- The official Mozilla t-shirt - Vote now for your favorite
- Community Marketing Call: Next call is Wednesday May 12th at 10 a.m. PST/17:00 UTC. Please send agenda items to mary at mozilla dot com.
- Our Labs overview w. Pascal Finette has been rescheduled for that day: Join us immediately overview of Labs. Including:
- An update on some new projects including Account Manager
- How to get involved
- Notes from last week's call are here.
- New Student Reps pages underway! They'll be localizable and hosted at studentreps.mozilla.org. Please let William Reynolds know if you want to help localize. w reynolds @ mozilla dot com
- Obviously having major performance and stability issues; we're working closely with MindTouch to get these fixed. Several specific performance issues have been identified and are being checked out and fixed that will hopefully resolve this.
- Work is ongoing on Gecko 1.9.3 documentation, with js-ctypes docs currently in progress.
Account Manager is graduating from Labs to become a Firefox 4 feature. Meetup for this on May 21!
- Bespin and Bespin Embedded 0.7.3 were released on April 29th.
- Jetpack SDK 0.3 released!
- Socorro 1.6.2 shipped Wednesday last week - support for oopsies (oop crashes) and booboos (normal crashes)
- AMO 5.10 push expected Thursday - 150 bugs fixed and our first public pages on zamboni (django)
Introducing New Hires
Katie Guernsey, new Operations Manager for Mozilla Foundation Andrew Halberstadt, intern working on the Automation & Tools team