« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
- Timothy B. Terriberry nominates Greg Maxwell and Christopher 'Monty' Montgomery for working all weekend and staying up all night last Sunday to get an integer-only Vorbis decoder ready for Fennec b2.
- Pravin Prakash and Mustafa Ali for each replying to over 200 tweets last week for the Army of Awesome!
- Asa would like us all to recognize the years of great desktop support (nearly 5000 bugzilla tickets Resolved Fixed) and the super A/V and AirMozilla support for so many meetings and events that Sean Alamarez has given us. His awesome contributions have made all of us more productive and helped us bridge the geography that would have otherwise divided us and slowed us down. We're going to miss you. Thanks, Sean, and good luck.
Monday, 25 October
Tuesday, 26 October
Wednesday, 27 October
Thursday, 28 October
Friday, 29 October
"Release Engineer through buildbot" talk at FSOSS 2010.
Product Status Updates
- 14 beta 7 blockers remain, many are fixed-on-tracemonkey
- many beta 8 and beta N blockers already fixed
- decision to be made about shipping beta 7 off the release branch vs. the trunk
- we are also faster, yet! :)
Firefox 3.6 and 3.5
- 3.6.11 and 3.5.14 were released last Tuesday, 2010-10-19
- Thanks everyone for the smooth release!
- No chemspill issues so far!
- Schedule for 3.6.12 and 3.5.15 will be released this week
- Will try to work with teams so that sizing for branches is realistic with the additional FF4.0 work going on
- beta 2 builds today or tomorrow.
- please test
- Thunderbird 3.1.5 and 3.0.9 shipped 10/19/2010
- Beta version of Universal Subtitles just launched
- Launching a campaign to subtitle 10,000 videos and raise $25K by Jan 1
- Check it out & make a donation at drumbeat.org/universal-subtitles
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Firefox 4 Beta Shirts||Laura Mesa||T-Shirt Nomination form||https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFlLWUtwWFFxVHItVGxOS1g1NzU0RFE6MA||Fill out the form here|
Status Updates By Team
- Test Execution
- Fx4b7: waiting for builds; meanwhile testing 4b8pre nightlies
- QA Community
- Test Dev
Automation & Tools
- Broadcast: CBS News
- Mozilla pays 12-year-old San Jose boy for hunting bugs in system
- 12-Year-Old's Firefox Security Flaw Discovery Nets $3,000 Payday
- 12-Year-Old Earns $3,000 Bug Bounty From Mozilla
- Mozilla Beats Google with Open Web App Store Preview
- Mozilla unveils an Open Web Apps Store prototype
- Mozilla preempts Google with 'open' web app store prototype
- Ahead Of Chrome Web Store, Mozilla Outlines Their Open Web App Ecosystem
Introducing New Hires
- Dave Hunt - QA (MozMill/Selenium)
- David Burns - WebQA, Automation Lead
- Andy McKay - AMO Development
- Frank Yan - Firefox