- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
- Jean-Yves Perrier, Florian Scholz, Sebastian Perez Vasseur, and David Bruant for their excellent work during our first Doc Sprint. See this Hacks post for details on what we got done. Special salute to Paul Rouget for helping us out!
- Matt Caulder, Pravin Prakash, and Kevin Pelletier for each helping out dozens of Firefox users on Twitter last week as part of the Army of Awesome!
Monday, 18 October
Tuesday, 19 October
Wednesday, 20 October
Thursday, 21 October
- Website task force meeting at 10 pacific
Friday, 22 October
Product Status Updates
- Code freeze for Beta 7 marches on!
- There are 18 blockers left which we hope to close out in the next couple of days
- b7 blockers should be landed both on the relbranch and the default branch
Firefox 3.6 and 3.5
- Firefox 3.6.11 and 3.5.14 will be released tomorrow afternoon PDT
- If you know a reason why we should not release please email email@example.com
- Currently accepting nominations and approving patches for 3.6.12 and 3.5.15
- Schedule for 3.6.12 and 3.5.15 will be released within the week
- Fennec beta 2 code freeze is tomorrow night. Please land patches and finish reviews ASAP.
- Thunderbird 3.1.5 pushed to beta test channel
- Ongoing account provisioning work
- Composing messages in trunk nightlies currently unusable; bug 604493 is tracking the bustage.
- Beta version of Universal Subtitles just launched
- Launching a campaign to subtitle 10,000 videos and raise $25K by Jan 1
- Check it out & make a donation at universalsubtitles.org
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Module Ownership||Gervase Markham||Making the module owner list easier to understand and easier to update||http://www.gerv.net/temp/module-owners-lightning/||-|
|Socorro Update||Laura Thomson||Improving Socorro stability||-||-|
|Castro Network Update||Ravi Pina||A summary of this weekend's maintenance and the related network issues||-||-|
Status Updates By Team
- Enhanced port of about:support announced on Labs Messaging blog
- Test Execution
- QA Community
- Test Dev
Automation & Tools
- Need Your Help - We need a logo for Profile Manager. Ping Jgriffin or email auto-tools at mozilla dot com to help out
- Blocker-reports site is live, check it out
- Mozmill 1.5.1 getting close - did our first full green run in tools staging, should be ready to land in RelEng staging week
- Breakpad crash and submission landed on Android
- Refactoring Tp5 for Talos
- More Information here
- Mozilla names Gary Kovacs new CEO
- Mozilla Names SAP Exec Gary Kovacs As New CEO
- Mozilla Taps SAP’s Kovacs for CEO Slot
- Mozilla Taps SAP Executive as New Chief
- New Mozilla CEO knows mobile, user interface
- Mozilla Labs’ New ‘Prospector’ Hopes to Improve Firefox’s Awesome Bar
- Mozilla Labs Launching Prospector To Improve Search In Firefox
Introducing New Hires
- Fred Wenzel is in Mountain View today! Welcome back Fred! (he just moved here from Munich, Germany)
- Fabrice Desré joins the Mobile team. He moved here from France and will be working on various Mobile front-end and platform features - including WebApp support.
- Dustin Mitchell joins the RelEng team. Dustin is currently based in Chicago, IL, and will be helping to teach buildbot new tricks (he's currently a buildbot maintainer).