- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
Monday, 01 November
Tuesday, 02 November
Wednesday, 03 November Join us at 10 a.m. PDT/17:00 UTC for our bi-weekly marketing call hosted from sunny Mountain View. Get your agenda items in here.
Thursday, 04 November
Friday, 05 November
Product Status Updates
- 10 bugs left for beta 7, and we really really mean it
- Also, it really fixes a lot of stuff. Be excited.
- Christian (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be taking over the release from Beltzner
- Updated schedule in the wiki aims for RCs in early 2011
Firefox 3.6 and 3.5
- Released 3.5.15 and 3.6.12 chemspills on Tuesday for a 0day that was being exploited
- Thanks everyone for the quick (<48 hours) turnaround! [more detailed times ]
- There will be a post-mortem scheduled for next week
- 3.5.16 and 3.6.13 are scheduled for release early December
- Will hopefully include the open type sanitizer, which should fix/prevent a class of security bugs
- Please nominate bugs and fix the existing blockers if you have some
- Beta 2 builds are in testing
- Beta 3 here we come!
- Thanks for feedback from everyone. Keep it coming!
- Shipped quick turnaround 3.1.6 and 3.0.10 gecko "chemspill" release
- Account provisioner and pluggable mail store work ongoing
- First-ever Drumbeat Festival kicks off this week! Wed, Nov 3.
- Sold out as of Sunday night. Over 400 registrants!
- Last-minute registration still available for stragglers & the desperate here.
- Follow along on the Festival blog.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
| Firefox 4 Demo Week
|| Laura Mesa
|| Introducing Firefox 4 Demos
Status Updates By Team
- Test Execution
- QA Community
- Test Dev
Automation & Tools
- Lots of great things happening in automation and tools land.
- Mozmill 1.5.1 RC2 released last week to pypi (set to land on Mozilla-Central this week, getting ever closer to going live on tbpl).
- Getting a lot of progress on finalizing the UI design for War on Orange (WOO)
- Prodcutizing Atul's bugzilla dashboard to do some useful team-wide blocker queries (still in progress, so be gentle)
- Nightly Tester Tools 0.5 set to release this week
- Tp4 issues resolved on Android, working with RelEng to roll those out into production now
- More status here.
- Major security bug fixed in Firefox
- Mozilla quickly patches Firefox flaw
- Mozilla patches Firefox zero-day bug in 48 hours
- Mozilla Addresses Firefox Nobel Security Hole