- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Introducing New Interns
- 9 Foundation Updates
- 10 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
- Henry Langi: All the great work he has been doing. Running all the brownbags and helping all the users.
- Ed Morley for getting commit access and immediately diving into checkin-needed and merge duty.
Monday, 29 August
Tuesday, 30 August
Wednesday, 31 August
Thursday, 1 September
- Contribute Group meeting at 10 AM PDT (meeting info and agenda on wiki) -- a forum for discussing issues around helping people get involved with Mozilla.
- Interns Show & Tell at 1 PM PDT presentations by William Chen, Jezreel Ng, and Michael Kurze
Friday, 2 September
Product Status Updates
Firefox Future (7, 8, 9)
- Release trains continuing smoothly
- Mitchell and Johnath both wrote posts about the rapid release process (and actually so have Jesse and Kairo, too)
Firefox Current (3.6, 6.0)
- There will be a Firefox 3.6.21. Main goal is to backport Firefox 7 security fixes, will ship at the same time as Firefox 7
- There is a schedule available on the wiki with freeze dates
- 3.6 EOL? No news to share on that yet. Assume we are sticking with the status quo (creating updates for 3.6) until told differently
- Thunderbird 7 was released to Beta channels.
- Thunderbird’s Channel Page is up.
(no voice update this week) What would you include in a "Webmaking 101" course?
- The School of Webcraft is designing a beginner's "Webmaking 101" course
- The heart of the course will be a series of projects and learning challenges
- Looking for feedback from MDN and broader Mozilla community on these draft challenges: http://webmaking101.p2pu.org/challenges
- a) are these challenges good?
- b) what's missing? what else do you need to know to become an effective novice web developer?
- Please post feedback as comments to this blog post
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Diane Loviglio, User Experience Researcher||On Web Apps - users describing web apps from apps field research||Video|
| John Slater, Director Creative
|| One Mozilla, The Merge
|| Join us on Thursday, Sept 1, for the retrospective & every Thursday afterwards for an update, Vidyo/All Your Base or #212|
Status Updates By Team
- Test Execution
- MDN 1.0
- SUMO http://moxie.jamessocol.com/bugstats/sumo/2011-08-23
- Mozilla.com/.org unification (One Mozilla)
- QA Community
- Automation Services
- Running the 'Mem Buster' endurance test
- Selenium 2.5 has been released
Automation & Tools
- Jmaher could use a hand diagnosing some leaks caused by the special powers refactor, please ping him on IRC
- Talos Addons Testing system has moved into beta state, we have the full system from AMO site to specific addons talos staging pool working for testing.
- Bugzilla now has inline history on by default for all users on BMO
- GoFaster project has new web dashboards live
- More notes are here
- Firefox to Keep Version Numbers After All
- Mozilla Will Keep Firefox Version Numbers...For Now
- Mozilla: We won't ditch Firefox version numbers
- Mozilla's WebAPI Wants To Replace Native Apps With HTML5
- Mozilla's WebAPI eyes cross-platform mobile apps
Introducing New Hires
- Artur Adib: joining the Innovation team as a Software Engineer, managed by Bill Walker, located in Washington, DC.
- Michael Edwards: joining the Research Engineering Team as a Sr. Software Engineer, managed by Andreas Gal, located in Mtn. View.
- Erin Lancaster: joining the Engineering team as a Project Manager, managed by Sheila Mooney, located in Mtn. View.
Introducing New Interns
- Matt McPherrin -- Platform
- Mohamed Dabbagh -- QA
- Trevor Fairey -- Tools