« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
Speaker Location: Mountain View
- Janet Swisher nominates longtime accessibility contributor Aaron Leventhal for revitalizing the ARIA docs on MDN.
Speaker Location: Mountain View
Monday, 7 November
Tuesday, 8 November
Wednesday, 9 November
Thursday, 10 November
Friday, 11 November
Product Status Updates
Speaker Location: Phone (johnath)
- Migration week!
- Tomorrow 8 goes out the door, Beta becomes 9, Aurora becomes 10, Nightly becomes 11
- Remember: 8 has a bunch of smarts around third-party add-ons, including some new UI, so even with beta behind us we're gonna hear some surprise and learn a lot in the first 24 hours.
- But we think it means our add-on compatibility story will get a lot better (and maybe our user experience, too, for many users!)
- Firefox 3.6.24 is going out the door tomorrow as well
- Firefox 3.6.x → Firefox 8 advertised update is currently planned for 2011-11-17
Speaker Location: Phone (toronto)
- Holy crap the birch builds of Native UI for Android are getting excellent.
- Tabbed browsing
- awesome bar
- save as PDF
- a new panning/zooming patch landing soon
- and all of it needs your help testing
- Go get one right now - now with nightly updates!
Speaker Location: (No voice update)
- It's migration week for us, just like Firefox!
- Crowd testing event during next week - details are on the tb-testers mailing list. if you want to participate - shout an email to email@example.com
- Lightning 1.0 being released tomorrow!
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Aakash Desai||Mozillians.org and "Groups"||A brief demo on how to add groups onto your profile and why its important!||Release Blogpost||Mountain View|
|Jason Haas||The Mozilla Student Reps Program is back!||Preso slides-PDF||A brief overview of the program: where it's been, where it is now, and where it's going.||San Francisco|
|William R||Firefox Live returns||Slides - use right arrow to advance||Firefox Live launches 11/9||San Francisco|
|Alex Keybl (Release Management)||Mobile Dogfood Program Announcement||Coming Soon||San Francisco|
|Dave Dash (Webdev)||Webdev Bootcamp||http://mozweb.rtfd.org/||Mountain View|
Status Updates By Team
- Test Execution
- Fennec 8 RC testing signed off
- Testday for Fennec Native planned this friday, 11/11
AMO 6.2.7: http://cl.ly/0i0I3d121f0o293k2p0t
- QA Community
- Automation Services
Automation & Tools
- Mobile automation up to 97% reliable now. Back out any unexplained oranges you see on mobile.
- Peptest is a new test harness designed for testing responsiveness of individual actions
- Work coming along, but would like feedback on the kinds of features you'd like to see in such a harness - ping ahal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- See bug 674606 and bug 692091
- Blog post
- Working on bugzilla performance monitoring and improvements (see more notes for graphs
- New bughunter UI is coming along, see this link for screenshots
- As always more notes here
|Date / Time||Item|
|Wed Nov 09 / 13:00 PST||Navigation Timing API|
|Thu Nov 10 / 10:00 PST||bug 661877 Enable storing files in IndexedDB|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/secreview * Dial-in Info: ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 624
- Curtis Koenig: EU MozCamp 2011
- Premiere: One Millionth Tower High-Rise Documentary Takes Format to New Heights
- Mozilla Festival salutes more Popcorn and less developer-ghetto
- Mozilla Popcorn: HTML5 and Web 3D documentary
- Foxy: Mozilla Festival London and the Golden Age of Digital Journalism?
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||Will be working on|
|New person's name here||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Eric Parker||Michael Coates||Mountain View||Infrastructure Security - Intrusion Detection|
|John Morrison||Tony Chung||Mountain View||Services QA|
|Celia Liang||Zandr Milewski||Mountain View|
|Irakli Gozalishvili||Dave Townsend||San Francisco||Jetpack|