- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Speaker Location: Mountain View Ctalbert would like to nominate Tfair and Dougt for their work debugging the talos perma-orange on birch and getting us back to green in time for the test day. Ctalbert would also like to nominate BYK for his invaluable help in ensuring that cross browser mobile automation reports results properly.
Speaker Location: Mountain View
Monday, 14 November
Tuesday, 15 November
Wednesday, 16 November
Thursday, 17 November
Friday, 18 November
Product Status Updates
Firefox Future (9, 10, 11)
Firefox Current (3.5, 3.6, 4.0 - 8.0)
Speaker Location: (no voice update).
- The TB9 beta is delayed.
- We're working on it, it should be up soon.
- OpenSearch and Account Provisioning have landed.
- Followup bugs are being worked on.
- There is a Thunderbird bug day today in #tb-qa!
- Come help out, if you can.
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: Matt in Toronto
Report-back from Mozilla Festival
- Round-up of press coverage. (Wired, BBC, Boing Boing + many others)
- "Fire hose" of links and prototypes people made. (More curated version coming soon)
- Early analysis from Mark on what it all means.
- Main takeaway: "We make webmakers." Huge enthusiasm for Mozilla instilling maker ethos into more of the web. Moving people from passive online consumers to active creators.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information||What location will you be transmitting from?|
|Matt Brubeck||Answering support questions||Play this video <= that's the presentation||Blog post||The Internet!|
Status Updates By Team
- Firefox 8.0.1:
- We have been working over the weekend to investigate causes for explosive crash we need to address.
- Working on gathering information for RoboForm dll blocklisting
- Fx9, 10:
- Tested and shipped versions of Beta and Aurora
- Desktop Firefox
- Shipped Firefox 8 last week
- Firefox Native Testday was a success! blogpost coming soon.
- Weekly QA Mobile newsletter sent out
- Open Webapps
- AMO 6.2.7: http://cl.ly/0i0I3d121f0o293k2p0t
- SUMO http://moxie.jamessocol.com/bugstats/sumo/2011-11-08
- Firefox Live
- QA Community
- Automation Services
Automation & Tools
- Got first run of page load test completed with eideticker
- Completed the first iteration of cross-browser mobile startup automation
- Will demo our replacement for UI-automation tests for the native Fennec UI branch this week.
- And lots of other things. More information on our wiki page
|Date / Time||Item|
|Wed Nov 16 / 13:00 PST||Add-On Sync|
|Thu Nov 17 / 10:00 PST||Remote Debugging|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/secreview * Dial-in Info: ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 624
- Gary Kwong: Asia MozCamp 2011
- Speedy Firefox 9 Beta Versions Take Their Place in Line
- Mozilla promises more speed with Firefox 9 beta
- HTML5 games, video get boost from full-screen API in Firefox nightly
- Mozilla Offers Fresh Firefox Previews
- Firefox 8 Gets Twitter Search Integration
- Mozilla Firefox 8: 5 Key Features
- Mozilla releases Firefox 8 with built-in Twitter search
- As noted in the Mozilla Hacks article, the new Aurora release offers a collection of web developer tools to help people dive into the CSS of their pages.
- The Orion project noted that last week's new Firefox release includes the Orion code editing component for use with the Scratchpad feature. You'll need to toggle a preference to see it in the release, but it's turned on by default in the new Aurora.
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||Will be working on|
|New person's name here||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Hal Wine (hwine on irc)||John O'Duinn||Mountain View||Release Engineering!|
|Alina Hua||Alex Fowler||Mountain View||Global Data & Privacy Lead|
|Katherine Naszradi||Mary Colvig||Mountain View||Community Engagement Coordinator|
|John Schoenick||Johnny Stenback||Mountain View||DOM team|
|Justin D'Arcangelo||Andreas Gal||Mountain View||Software Engineer|