Video for today's meeting
Speaker Location: Mountain View
Jeff Walden nominates RyanVM -- again -- for continuing the old-JS-bug triage madness, cutting a particularly wide path through obsolete tracejit bugs. Splendid!
Speaker Location: Mountain View
Monday, 28 Nov
Tuesday, 29 Nov
Wednesday, 30 Nov
Thursday, 01 Dec
Friday, 02 Dec
Product Status Updates
Speaker Location: Toronto (and possibly MV?)
- We are mid-way through the 6 week cycle
- We landed bug 429592 to catch and report Firefox hangs
- May pref it off by default, still investigating
- Project Snappy is off and filing bugs
- Firefox 3.6 → 8.0.1 advertised update offer (bug 691483) proposed for this Thursday, 2011-12-01
- If there are any issues with this, please email email@example.com
- Native UI Fennec pushed to nightly users last week
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: No voice update this week
- Design and develop digital badges for NASA. Cool, huh?
- Looking for designers and developers to participate in the "Badges for Learning" competition
- Design or develop digital badges using Mozilla's Open Badges infrastructure. For learning partners like NASA, the U.S. Departments of Education, Labor, Energy, and Veterans Affairs, Intel, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and many others.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information||What location will you be transmitting from?|
|Michael Verdi||Learning about our users||None||SUMO Blog||San Antonio|
Status Updates By Team
- Test Execution
- AMO 6.2.7: http://cl.ly/0i0I3d121f0o293k2p0t
- SUMO http://moxie.jamessocol.com/bugstats/sumo/2011-11-15
- QA Community
- Automation Services
Automation & Tools
- Bugzilla got hit with a DOS attack, nothing bad happened, but it generated a nice graph. BTW, we now have web analytics running on bugzilla.
- Made a ton of progress on marionette
- Have reftests almost working on native fennec.
- Talos TP5 responsiveness is live on mac and windows:
- Linux to come soon
- Peptest - user responsiveness regression testing will land in m-c this week, blog posts will be coming.
- More updates here
- Firefox's Android reboot begins tomorrow
- Firefox 8.0.1 available for download
- Firefox for Android Will Get Its New Interface Tonight
- Firefox gets a native makeover for Android
- Firefox for Android Gets Its Overhaul
- Aiming for the documentation release this week.
- Comms and Go to market plans continue to be worked on.
- Test Day 12-02. A first for apps.
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||Will be working on|
|Sheeri Cabral||Corey Shields||MV (though she will work remote from Boston)||DBA on the IT team|
|Yuan Wang||Alex Limi||Mountain View||UX Designer on Firefox (SF)|
|Zhenshuo Fang||Alex Limi||Mountain View||UX Designer on Firefox (SF)|
|Gordon Brander||Stuart Parmenter||Mountain View||Pancake Web Engineer|
|Chris Peterson||Doug Turner||San Francisco||Mobile Dev|
|James Straus||Andreas Gal||Remote from Boston||Research Engineer|