- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of the Tree
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 1.5 Introducing New Hires
- 1.6 Introducing New Interns
- 1.7 Roundtable
- 2 <meta>
- 2.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 2.1.1 IT/Operations & Services
- 2.1.2 Firefox
- 2.1.3 Platform
- 2.1.4 Messaging
- 2.1.5 Mobile
- 2.1.6 Release Engineering
- 2.1.7 QA
- 2.1.8 Automation & Tools
- 2.1.9 Security
- 2.1.10 Engagement
- 2.1.11 Support
- 2.1.12 Metrics
- 2.1.13 Evangelism
- 2.1.14 Labs
- 2.1.15 Apps
- 2.1.16 Developer Tools
- 2.1.17 Add-ons
- 2.1.18 Webdev
- 2.1.19 L10n
- 2.1.20 People Team
- 2.1.21 WebFWD
- 2.2 Foundation Updates
- 2.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Apps/Mobile QA would like to thank to all those who attended, tested, and commented on last Friday's Web Apps in Firefox for Android test day. With your help over 25 bugs were filed!
- The Contributor Engagement team nominates Parth Mudgal for having coded a long-awaited feature - creating website shortcuts with favicons was something that users couldn't do for more than a decade, until now. More info here.
Monday, 27 August
Privacy Friends Meeting, 1pm PST, Bay Bridge (3rd floor + dial in) and Peanut Butter Jelly
Tuesday, 28 August
Mozilla Gear Site Presentation: 3-4pm Pacific (UTC -8) in Ten Forward and on Air Mozilla
Wednesday, 29 August
Thursday, 30 August
- Intern presentations from 11am-1:30pm in 10 Forward, TOR Commons and SF Commons.
- Come see Daniel Thornton, Karthik Viswanathan, Elliott Slaughter, Jordan Lund, and Michael Comella present what they've been working on all summer!
Friday, 31 August
- Intern presentations from 2pm-4pm in 10 Forward, TOR Commons and SF Commons.
- Come see Thaddee Tyl, Stephen Crane, Liz Noonan, and Christoph Kerschbaumer present what they've been working on all summer!
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Alex Keybl in MV
- Firefox 15.0 will be released tomorrow morning (8/28). Check out the beta notes here (release notes are being finalized).
- We're particularly excited about plugging many of the worst add-on leaks in FF15
- Special thanks to Lukas Blakk for leading this release's beta convergence, and Lawrence Mandel for taking time out of his busy schedule to help with triaging.
- Today is the merge day. The central version bump and tree closures will happen shortly if they haven't already. Nightly=18, Aurora=17, and Beta=16.
- 16.0 beta 1 will be released Thursday, and 17.0a2 updates will be enabled Friday.
Speaker Location: Alex again
- Similarly, Firefox for Android 15.0 will be released tomorrow. Check out the mobile beta notes here.
- This is our first release since FF10 where Desktop/Mobile major update is released in sync!
- Some of our most requested features made it in: find in page, copy/paste, tablet support, etc.
- We also expect Firefox 16 beta 1 to include ARMv6 support - if you have a friend who couldn't install Firefox for Android previously, give them a shout.
Older Branch Work
no voice update this week
- No voice update today
- Many of the team are in Sao Paulo, Brazil on-site at Telefonica/Vivo offices
- Regular meeting schedule this week is canceled, will resume normal schedule next week
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Desktop Support||Guillermo Huerta||Vidyo 2.2 Upgrade||https://wiki.mozilla.org/WeeklyUpdates/2012-08-27#IT.2FOperations_.26_Services|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Ria Joy||David Slater||Mountain View, CA||Product Marketing Strategy for Apps/Marketplace|
|Chad Weiner||David Slater||Mountain View, CA (but Chad is in SF office today)||Director of Consumer Product Marketing|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
IT/Operations & Services
- Working on the expansion of the Santa Clara data center in support of Mobile testing.
- Purchased more hardware to install in our Santa Clara data center that will add disaster recovery for our mail environment.
- Setup Datazilla in production for the Automation & Tools Engineering team. This new service will allow them to replace their current graph server and database.
- Team Meet-up held August 13-17
- The week consisted of successful cross team meetings, presentations to kick off projects as well as information sessions.
- Developed a Chassis to house the Pandas for Android and b2g testing
- Working on a plan for proactive system updates and maintenance, draft can be found at https://wiki.mozilla.org/IT/Maintenance
- Vidyo 2.2 Upgrade
- Downtime window Thursday 30th at 8pm PT
- Full screen sharing in OS X client
- Offical Linux support
- SLC 5, SLC 5.7 32/64 bit versions
- Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10 32/64 bit versions
- Fedora 14, 15, 16 32/64 bit versions
- Debian 5.0, 6.0.3 32/64 bit versions
- VidyoMobile clients can join guest links
- Silence All feature allows room owners to mute all with users being able to unmute themselves
- Improved echo cancellation and automatic preferred device selection
- Web QA work week this week
- Milesone 18 aka the mobeta release has been moved to 2012-09-12
- Fantastic changes landing in the interim
- bug 774290 - Add b2g support
- bug 784094 - Force correlations for next week's releases: must ship next week (what day?)
- bug 781136 - Improve Flash detection
- SUMO UI overhaul is in process, testing will happen over the next few weeks
- B2G (Firefox OS)
- Action item for the team -- join the Gaia QA Pivotal Tracker
- Helped reformat many of the current spreadsheets, plans on the horizon to start working on test cases.
Automation & Tools
- Talos is now putting data in Datazilla as well as graph server. http://datazilla.mozilla.org/talos
- Tree Status is now live - now the tbpl automation no longer depends on Tinderbox.
- More information here
Please take a minute to upvote & comment on our South by Southwest panel -- deadline is 8/31. Thank you! http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/238